Monday, June 21, 2021

A Father Is

 Today is my day to share my Pick of the Week with you on the House That Stamps Built blog.  I did a special request last time, so today I am back to my Pinterest Inspired series.  

Here is the card I was inspired by:
I love the simplicity of it!  It is a fantastic one-layer CAS card!  And I knew I had a "Cattails" stamp and flying birds (from the "Sandcastle" stamp) in my stash.
Here is the card I created:

I kept the same look, but oriented the whole scene to the opposite side of the card.  I punched a circle for a mask for the moon, masked the edges of the panel with some washi tape and then blended on some blue inks for the sky.  Then, I stamped the various stamps and colored in the "Cattails" image with a black fine line pen to create a silhouette image.  And I wanted a little more interest (because I struggle with CAS one-layer cards!) so I die cut a dotted frame 4 times, adhered them together and glued them onto my panel.  My cattails seemed to be floating a little bit, so I grounded them with the "Calm Water" stamp and added the "A Father Is . . ." sentiment.  This will be my Father-in Law's Father's Day card.  So, when you are scrolling through Pinterest, be inspired and then see if you can recreate it with stamps you own.

Supplies:
Stamps: Repeat Impressions "Cattails", "Sandcastle" birds only, "Calm Waters", and "A Father Is . . ."
Dies: Spellbinders "A2 Matting Basics A" (outer edge of the frame); Elizabeth Craft Designs "Garden Notes Frame It Stitched Rectangles" (inner edge of frame)
Fiskars Circle Punch for the "moon"

Challenges:
Crafty Calendar--anything goes
Stinkin' Inkers--You're the Man
Creatalicious Challenge #213--anything goes with the optional twist: at/in the water
Creative Craft Cottage#141--Eileen's anything goes
Dare 2B Artzy--masculine
Kat Scrappiness--summer scenes
Crafty Gals Corner #200--one for the boys
Word Art Wednesday #496--anything goes with uplifting sentiment
Creative Fingers #210--anything goes
Mod Squad--masculine
Aud Sentiments #277--anything goes with a sentiment
Cardz TV #143--anything goes





7 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful CAS card great design and love the silhouette stamps-looks perfect framed
Carol x

Sue said...

Gorgeous CAS card and thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar hugs x

Patti J said...

Beautifully done, Heather! What a stunning creation! Thanks for reminding me to look on Pinterest for inspiration!

Glittered Paws said...

Very pretty - looks like a picture - I would be framing this one.

Rhodidodi said...

What a beautiful card you have made. I love it! The colouring is so subtle Tan you for joining us at Creatalicious Challenges

Elizabeth Hart said...

Love the clean look to this card - and the sentiment is perfect! Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Creative Fingers Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Jana Forrest said...

Heather this is beautiful! Really nicely done! Thanks for joining us over at Crafty Gals. Best of luck and hope to see you again soon. DT~Jana