Monday, March 1, 2021

Otterly Good

 A new month has arrived and that means a new challenge from the Love To Scrap Challenge Blog.  This month's challenge is Anything Goes.


And here is the card I created:
Oh, my goodness, these otters are just so adorable!!!  I love this MFT set!  One of the young ladies at our church just celebrated her birthday and she LOVES otters, so this was made just for her.  It's super cute as is.  I CASEd this card, which I have fallen in love with:
As you can see, I turned mine into a slimline card and used an oval as the focal point as it fit the slimline shape better.  I also turned my sentiment strip into a banner so it would help span the width of the card better and I added some subtle stamping on the base of the card to keep it from being too empty.  There is a lot of space to fill on a slimline!!  So, anyway, I wanted to add a little fun to the card and wanted to have a little fish jumping up out of the water.  I pulled out my Launch Party die set and watched a fabulous tutorial.  After a lot of trial and error, mostly error, I did get it to work.  I had to change a lot of things (after I had already done them!), but persistence paid off, and as you pull the pull tab a little goldfish pops up to say hi.  Here he comes:
This is a very strong and acrobatic fish, mind you.  It is quite the leap, but eventually he does end up right where I intended--between the two otters.
For a little extra fun, I added some gold sparkle pen to the little fishie's scales, but it's hard to see in this photo.

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Head on over to the LTSCB blog to see what the rest of the team has created and to get the full details of the challenge.  Then get inky and play along with us; I can't wait to see what you create.

Supplies:
Stamps: MFT "BB Otterly Love You" and "BB Friends with Fins" small school of fish
Dies: Spellbinders "Classic Ovals, large"; MFT "Launch Party"

Challenges:
Crafty Friends #150--happy birthday
Word Art Wednesday #480--anything goes with uplifting sentiment
MFT Slimline Challenge--birthday wishes
Creative Moments #209--anything goes
MFT #530--sketch








As You Like It--favorite reason to send a card (I send a TON of birthday cards!!  I make them for family and friends, including everyone at our church.  It's always nice to be remembered on your birthday.)
Time Out Challenge #182--7th birthday celebration (HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!)
Krafty Chicks #548--all occasions (birthday)
Cardz TV #135--anything goes
A Gem of A Challenge--anything goes







7 comments:

Elaine Stark said...

Super cute. I love the jumping fish, a great idea. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

Jane Savage said...

Aww so cute the jumping fish is a fabulous and fun touch!
Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles Gem of a Challenge! Jane S (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things xxx

Anne said...

This is fab, I love it!
Thanks for joining in the AYLI challenge
Anne x

Nonni said...

This card is so stunning! I love your fun design with the otters and the fish. This scene really pops from the middle of your slimline card, super work! Thank you for joining us at Time Out!

Shona Chambers said...

I love this otter set too and nearly wore the stamps out when I first got it!! Its a brilliant CAS of Joy's card. Your colouring is brilliant and love how you spread the rocks and design over a slimline card. I've never made an interactive card and can just imagine the fun it must have been with that tab but the goldfish is freakin amazing and I bet the girl receiving this card just loved it. So very, very happy you shared it with us at TIME OUT!!!

Dorlene Durham said...

This is absolutely adorable! Great job on the conversion from regular to slim line card. Super cute! Dorlene

Helen said...

So cute! Love the little fish on the slider too.

Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Friends Challenge.

Helen x