Monday, February 1, 2021

Pick of the Week--Deepest Sympathy

Today is my day to share my Pick of the Week for The House That Stamps Built.  I'm continuing in my series on being inspired by Pinterest finds.  This time I needed a sympathy card, so I looked for something simple, elegant, and soothing.  This is what caught my eye:
(Of course, it doesn't actually link to the artist, but by the watermark it seems to be Seelen Z Art).  I just thought this was so pretty and clean and I loved the patterned circle under the leaves.  Here is my take on the card:
I didn't want to use white on white because I felt that would be a little stark for a sympathy card, so I used a pale gray card base.  I used a white panel for my main panel, but to take away some of the contrast I inked the edges with a gray ink.  To get the patterned circle, I inked up the "Postcard" stamp with some gray ink and then pressed the "2" Circle Silhouette" against it to transfer the ink.  I then stamped the circle stamp onto the white panel to get a perfect patterned circle.  It worked perfectly!  I die cut two green sprigs and adhered them together to look like one branch.  I stamped the sentiment, "Deepest Sympathy",  with gray ink to keep it soft.  I finished it off with a button and some twine, but it just needed something . . . so I roughed up the edges of the main panel, which helped . . .  Then I added some clear drops and it now feels finished!  
I hope this inspires you to look at the stamps you already have in your collection and see how you can use them in different ways.  You don't have to have the exact product that is used; make it work with what you already have.
Thanks for stopping by.  Have a great week!

Supplies:
Stamps: Repeat Impressions "Postcard", "2" Circle Sil." and "Sympathy"
Dies: Verve "Sprightly Sprigs

Challenges:
Creative Fingers #200--anything goes
Creative Moments #207--anything goes
Creative Knockouts #386--die cuts & punches
Cardz TV #133--anything goes




No comments: