Monday, September 7, 2020

Pick of the Week

 It's my turn to share my Pick of the Week on The House That Stamps Built blog.  Today, I have a nice, simple, elegant card using two stamps and two ink pads.  I almost always start my cards with a sketch and this card definitely began this way.  As soon as I saw this sketch from CAS(E) This Sketch, I knew I had to use it and I knew it would be perfect for the image "Flowers" from the Contain Yourself Series.

I started out by stamping my image with Versamark ink and heat embossing it with white embossing powder.  Then I die cut the panel with a stitched rectangle die.  I then use a blending brush to blend on some pale blue ink around the image.  The white embossing really pops!

It looks really pretty this way, but I wanted to take it up a notch, so I used two light blue markers to add some shading to the flower petals.  The markers are relatively the same color as the ink I used for the blending, so they add a really subtle shading.    But I think it helps the image pop even more.
To finish, I stamped "Happy Anniversary" on a die cut label using the same blue ink I used for the blending.  I made the slots in the label using an old-fashioned punch that you have to hit with a hammer.  So glad I saw it in my tool container or else I would have had to cut slits with a craft knife (and that wouldn't have been fun!).  I slipped in a piece of ribbon from my bits and pieces stash that was a very close match to the ink.  I love using ribbon this way (sort of like a border) as it adds a lot of visual interest and texture without adding bulk.  Satin ribbon like this also adds an elegant touch as do the pearls that I used to finish off the card.  I mounted the entire panel on a white card base.
And there you have it, an elegant anniversary card using one two stamps, two ink pads, two dies and two markers.  Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps: Repeat Impressions "Flowers" and "Happy Anniversary"
Dies: MFT "Blueprints 13" stitched rectangle and "Designer Label STAX"

Challenges:
As You Like It--favorite way to use ribbon (I love ribbon, though I have not been using it much of late, and one of my favorite ways is to use it as a border of sorts.  Just a strip across the card; it adds a lot of interest and texture, but no bulk.)
Cardz TV #122--anything goes
Crafter's Cafe #250--anything goes
Cards Galore #74--anything goes
Aud Sentiments #259--anything goes
Cute Card #650--anything goes
Your Next Stamp #147--keeping it clean



5 comments:

cass said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for entering your wonderful creation at The Crafter's Cafe this fortnight.

Dagmara Gorczyńska said...

Great interpretation of the map!

Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.

Dorothy S said...

This is so pretty - great elegant look. Thanks for joining us at the Crafter's Cafe.
Dorothy S, DT member

Deezy's Handmade Cards said...

What a beautiful card: beautifully made! Thanks for sharing on Aud Sentiments Challenge blog. Until next time!

ILEANA ARTUFFO said...

Wonderful creation!
Thanks for playing at Crafty Creations Challenge.
Ileanaxx