Sunday, June 28, 2020

Blessed is the man

I was in need of a birthday card for a man at our church and as I was scrolling through Pinterest for some inspiration, I remembered that I had this beautiful verse "Plain Jane" from Verve.  For a little extra interest, I also stamped a lighthouse and some clusters of birds in a light aqua ink.  I finished it off with a button and some threads off a strip of burlap; I felt it added to the nautical feel.
It's so fun when you get to just "play" when making a card and getting to use some older, forgotten stamps feels good, too!

Supplies:
Stamps: Verve "Jeremiah 17:7" Plain Jane; Repeat Impressions "Sandcastle" cluster of birds and "Cape Hatteras Light"; Papertrey Ink "World's Greatest" Happy Birthday sentiment
SU! corner rounder punch

Challenges:
Creative Fingers #189--anything goes
Krafty Chicks #513--all occasions
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday--anything goes
Penny's Challenge #474--anything goes
Crafty Sentiments--anything goes
Try Stampin' on Tuesday #463--sketch and optional twist: make a splash (I really use a water image, but I did use a nautical theme)

Pink Gem Challenge--anything goes
Lil' Patch of Crafty Friends #134--anything goes
Crafty Friends #138--men and/or boys
Cardz TV #117--anything goes
As You Like It--digi or rubber (I definitely prefer rubber!  I know some people can layer digital images, but that is out of my skill range, but I can do it with rubber like I did on this card!  It's such a great technique to add a bit of interest to a card focusing on the sentiment)
Word Art Wednesday #445--anything goes with an uplifting sentiment
Sweet Stampers #45--something begins with B (I used a button and the words "Blessed" and "Birthday")
Creative Inspirations--let's hear if for the boys

13 comments:

R's Rue said...

I love it.

Heather said...

LOVE this, Heather! Great quote, perfect papers, lovely colors - it has it all, lol. Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!

Joy Wilson said...

Wonderful card! Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends. I hope join us again real soon!Hugs, JoyJoyfully StampsLil Patch of Crafty Friends, Owner/Coordinator
Joyfully Stamps

Megan J said...

Hi Heather, a special card for your church friend, love the soft stamped lighthouse image with the verse. Thank you for sharing with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, good luck in the prize draw.. Megan DT LPoCF

Bernadet said...

What a wonderful card is this Heather

Gina's Cards said...

Fabulous card! Thank you for playing along at Creative Inspirations, good luck.
Hugs
Gina xx

Leanne said...

Awesome, love the verse and the paper you used so pretty and soft color. Great job. Thank you for playing our challenge at Krafty Chicks.

Leanne DT/KC

Zw@@n said...

Beautiful card, Heather. I love the soft colours. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. xx Wilma

Lorraine said...

A lovely card Heather

Thanks for joining our challenge at As You Like It this time
Lorraine x

Linda Mc Enery said...

This is such a beautiful colour combo Heather. I love the subtle background stamping and the beautiful scripture. The burlap threads add wonderful texture and definitely add to the nautical theme of your card. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing this with us at Penny's!
Linda

pst said...

Great card, wonderful color scheme. Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Crafty Friends, we hope to see you back again.

Kuni said...

Your card is wonderful.
Thank you for joining us at the Sweet Stampers and i hope to see you again.
Hugs

Donna Scholz said...

Lovely card, Heather! I like how you stamped the lighthouse and birds in light aqua for the background. Thank you for joining us and sharing your talents at TSOT! -Donna