Monday, January 6, 2020

Pick of the Week

Happy 2020!!  It's my turn to share my Pick of the Week project for The House That Stamps Built.  Continuing in my Inspired by Pinterest theme, I was inspired by this card:
I have a whole Pinterest board full of cards that caught my eye because I could reproduce them using Repeat Impressions stamps.  I thought this card would look beautiful using either the Flower Power Background stamp or some of the individual flowers from the Flower Power Separates collection.  But as I was thinking about what I wanted to do for my Pick of the Week, I decided to create a masculine card inspired by this very feminine card.  Here is what I came up with:
As you can see, I kept the layout the same and even used some ribbon (yes, you can use ribbon on masculine cards), but the result is very different because of the colors and image I used.  First, I die cut my cream panel with a stitched rectangle die.  Then, I masked off the top of the panel and stamped the "African Post Collage (lg)" image across the bottom of the panel.  It didn't quite cover the whole panel, so I inked it up a second time and just stamped part of the stamp along the bottom edge.  I used a blending brush to blend on some Antique Linen Distress ink along the edges and stamped my sentiment, "it's your birthday!" (from the Holy Crap series) on the top in a dark brown ink.  Adhered the ribbon across the top of the stamped portion of the panel and added the star brad to finish a very quick and easy card.
Thanks for stopping by!  I hope this inspires you to create some cards based on your Pinterest finds, and I hope it reminds you that you can be inspired by something even if it turns out looking quite different from the original.

Supplies:
Stamps: Repeat Impressions "African Post Collage (lg)", "it's your birthday!"
Dies: MFT "Blueprints 13" stitched rectangle

Challenges:
MFT Birthday Challenge--CAS
Crafty Creations #405--anything goes
Mod Squad--make your own patterned paper
Little Red Wagon #529--use your NBUS (never before used stuff) I got this collage stamp back in May and this is the first time I've inked it up.
Cute Card Thursday #615--anything goes
Krafty Chicks--stamp act (use a stamped image)
Crafts Galore #71--anything goes
Kat Scrappiness--no patterned paper
STAMPlorations CAS Challenge--anything goes with the optional twist: anything metallic (I used a metal brad)


8 comments:

Brenda said...

I love that you picked inspiration from Pinterest, what a great idea. You did such a wonderful masculine CASE of such a feminine card. Thanks so much for joining us at Little Red Wagon Challenge this week!

Crafting Andy said...

Great card. Thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday. Hugz Andrea.x

Judy Woodland said...

FABULOUS card, and wonderful patterned paper background!! Great take on the challenge, thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge
Judy~ Mod Squad Challenge Designer
{Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!

Tangii said...

Such a great masculine card! Thanks for sharing with us at Krafty Chicks challenge, hope to see you again!

Elizabeth Hart said...

Love the cool look of this card - the background is just so interesting! Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Crafty Creations Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Monika said...

Nice!!! Thank you for sharing your project with us at the Crafts Galore Encore “Anything Goes” January Challenge. DT Monika.

MadeByMeghanK said...

Love them both! Great design and stamping! Thank you for joining the Kat Scrappiness No Designer Paper Challenge! - DT Meghan Kennihan (MadeByMeghanK)

Terri Koszler said...

Thank you for taking the time to join in with the STAMPloration CAS card challenge, your card is so cute :) STAMPgirl Terri