Friday, December 6, 2019

Christmas Joy

I love starting my cards with sketches and I often find sketches that really catch my eye and I NEED to make a card using them.  This was the case this week with Sketch Saturday's sketch challenge.  It is a pick your favorite sketch from their archives and I knew I had to play along when I saw this sketch:
I knew I HAD to use it because I had the perfect strip of scrap papers sitting right on my desk in my bits and pieces pile (I've started keeping it front in center so I can see all the good stuff in there).  And here is my card:
The glittery gold strip was also in the bits and pieces pile and one of the little pearls as well (the pearl had lost its adhesive backing so it didn't stick on a different card--just need to add some glue).  So, not only did I play with a fun sketch, make a Christmas card (and I still need quite a few), I used up some scraps!!  Yeay!!

Supplies:
Stamps: Verve "Beyond Measure" sentiment

Challenges:
Lil' Patch of Crafty Friends #119--anything goes
Crafts Galore #70--anything goes
Crafting with An Attitude #58--anything goes
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper--anything goes with patterned paper
Love To Craft Challenge Blog #41--anything goes
Brown Sugar #296--anything goes
Merry Little Christmas Challenge #17--anything goes
Shopping Our Stash #410--happy holidays
Sketch Saturday #596--sketch
Penny's Challenge #459--anything goes
Cute Card Thursday #611--anything goes


7 comments:

Kathyk said...

Fabulous card and a super sketch - like the papers you chose

Kathyk

TracyM #6773 said...

WONDERFUL card!
LOVE your design and touch of sparkle ... the sketch and your scraps worked together perfectly!
Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges and good luck with your entry :)

Joy Wilson said...

I love CAS! It's stunning! Thanks for joining us and good luck with with your entry!
Hugs, Joy
Joyfully Stamps
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, Owner/Coordinator

Donna said...

Great take on the sketch and a gorgeous card!
Love the CAS feel!
Thanks for celebrating the holidays with the crew from SHOPPING OUR STASH!

Monica C. said...

Love your card, Heather. It is so simple and elegant.
Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.

flossbite said...

Great make! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge. Good luck! And Happy New Year!

BrendaB said...

I love the design on this - great use of the scraps! Thanks for joining us at Merry Little Christmas challenges