Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Happy Father's Day

Happy Wednesday!!!  It's time for another challenge from The House That Stamps Built.  This week we have a tic tac toe challenge for you:
No automatic alt text available.
Here is the card I created:
 I did a tutorial on Monday as to how I turned these palm tree line images into the silhouettes you see here.  I also promised a card using this image and here it is.  I followed a tutorial by Teresa Momber that you can find here. I got a little carried away and sort of forgot about the tic tac toe challenge.  Oops!  So, I decided the row I used the best was the top one: tone on tone, masculine, twine or ribbon.  I didn't exactly use the tone on tone on the front of the card, so I had to add it to the inside where I stamped the palm trees in gray ink onto the gray card base.
I hope you will play along with us this week.  And if you need any of the stamps I used today, check out my 10% off your entire order coupon in my left sidebar.

Supplies:
Stamps: Repeat Impressions: "Large Palm Trees", "A father is . . . ", and "Father's Day"
Dies: MFT "Blueprints 13" stitched rectangle

Challenges:
heARTful Stamping--anything goes
Fashionable Stamping #136--seaside
Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps #434--water
Crazy 4 Challenges #438--masculine cards
Sweet Stampin'--dad or special man day
Cardz TV #51--anything goes
Crafty Catz #420--anything goes with the optional twist: ribbon or twine
Time Out #111--holidays with the optional twist: one layer (I'm not sure mine counts as one layer, but I only have one other than the base)
Aud Sentiments #205--anything goes
Inspiration Destination #152--anything goes
Crafting By Designs--anything goes
Handstamped Sentiment #291--inspiration photo (I was inspired by the water theme and all the blue)

Cardz 4 Guys #196--Father's Day
Pile It On #143--all sorts of holidays
Stinkin' Inkers--the guys have it
SheepSki Designs #15--embellish it or CAS (I went CAS)
Crafting with an Attitude #40--anything goes
Card Mania #105--nautical
Cards Galore--anything goes
Unicorn Challenge--masculine


24 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

I had to smile at your "getting carried away" and forgetting the challenge -- I do that too sometimes! Love the card you created and love the technique you used as well! I really need to try this sometime soon!

Donna said...

Such a beautiful and peaceful scene! This one should be framed!

Sherry said...

This Is Awesome... Beautiful ...

Laurie Unger said...

Wonderful scene - and a good save on the TTT challenge! ;-)

tilly said...

a perfect fathers day card, thanks for sharing at Crafty catz challenge and hope to see you again
Tilly

Chris said...

Beautiful beach scene, gorgeous card! Thanks for entering our challenge at Sweet Stampin'
Chris
x

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Wonderful scene. I love the colors. Perfect Father's Day Card. Thanks for sharing it with us at Time Out!

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz, good luck!!! Amy DT

joy said...

Beautiful card! The sentiment is so sweet.

Sian said...

Beautiful! It makes me want to go there. Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Sian.

Sammy said...

What a fab, stylish card! Love it! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

Caro´s kreative Welt said...

WOW, that's fantastic! I'm thrilled. Love it.
Thank you for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.
Greetings Carola

Lynn said...

Wow! I absolutely love the beautiful scene you've created! Gorgeous card!

Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

Cheri said...

You hit this one out of the park, Heather! (Even though you got carried away...LOL). You did a beautiful job using Theresa's tutorial.

Stampin by Genny said...

I love your silhouette technique and your sponging technique is beautiful. You created such a peaceful scene. I'm always so in awe of card makers that can create such beautiful skies like yours. Thanks so much for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Creations in paper said...

Beautiful card! Very serene setting. Thanks for playing with us at HSS.

Robbie

Fiona said...

You have created a wonderful serene card here - I could lose myself in it for hours - I really like that tone on tone extra on the inside. thanks for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments this week.

Jaimie said...

Such a peaceful scene. I can almost hear the ocean. Beautiful sponging and I love the added twine to the bottom. Thanks for playing along at Hand Stamped Sentiments

CuteNCrafty Mommy said...

Love this!!!! Thank you for entering in Crafts Galore Encore Challenge Blog
CuteNCrafty Mommy

Jean said...

Oh wow what a beautiful card, so peaceful and can be used for any occasion.
Thanks for joining us over at Sheep Ski Designs.
Jean xx

anncreatief said...

Beautiful card,thanks for playing along with us at Unicorn Challenge this month!
Have a nice day
Anneke DT

sandie said...

Congrats for getting top at Time Out, we loved your card Heather. We would love you to be GD in one of our future challenges. See blog for details x

chanya13 said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for playing along with us at Card Mania Challenges.

Warrell Creations said...

Love the colors! Thank you for joining us over at Pile It On! Challenge Blog ~ Marciava Warrell