Tuesday, January 19, 2016

A child is born

This card is the result of trying to clean up my craft desk. : )  I have used this sweet image several times in the last couple months, and you will be seeing it a couple more times as I printed out 5 or 6 of the images.  So, the sheet with the images was (hmmm . . . still is) on my desk and the piece of gray card stock was too; left over from a project from last week.

Challenges:
Shopping Our Stash #235--3, 2, 1 (3 gray panels, "stars", 1 image)
Crafty Cardmakers #155--New: baby, house, etc (my card doesn't celebrate a new baby but it is celebrating a baby and babies are always new and I used a brand new die set that I got for Christmas)
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge #264--cute OR anything goes
Viva La Verve January week 2--sketch

A Day For Daisies #139--stitch it up (the circle stitched die and the top and bottom panels were cut with stitched dies)
Crimbo Crackers #98--anything goes
Emerald Creek Dares--New stuff (dies I got for Christmas)

Supplies:
Stamps: A Day For Daisies "A Sign I give"; Verve "Richly Blessed"
Dies: MFT "Blueprints 12"; Spellbinders "Poppy" the yellow 'stars' are part of the flower centers

8 comments:

Cathy - CMP Designs said...

What a sweet card! I love the stitched dies you used and the little bling you added to the stars! THank so much for sharing with us over at Emerald Creek Dares!
Cathy - DT Member at Emerald Creek

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a fabulous card. Love the sweet image. Thanks for joining us again over at Viva la Verve!

Pam said...

The image is so sweet. I can see why you have used it on several cards. I love the simple elegance you created with this card. Very fitting. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.
:) Pam

Donna said...

Great card Heather! Thanks so much for playing along with the crew at SHOPPING OUR STASH for our "3-2-1" challenge!!

Sally Dodger said...

A beautiful card. Your image of the baby is one of the nicest I have ever seen, I can see why you have used it so much lately and the tiny stars are the perfect way to finish the card. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers. Sally.x.

Chana Malkah said...

Beautifully done! Thanks so much for sharing with us here at Shopping Our Stash!
Hugz,
Chana, DT

Juliana said...

I love how you used the layout from Verve with this!
Lovely shading and coloring!! Especially on the Christ Child!!

Thank you so much for playing along with us at A Day for Daisies!!!

Jen Leeflang said...

Beautiful card! Thanks so much for joining us over at the A Day for Daisies "Stitch it Up" challenge. Good luck in the prize draw.
Love
Jen L
ADFD DT