Friday, July 27, 2012

Window view

 This week at Christmas Stampin' All Year Long, the challenge is to create a card/project based on the gorgeous inspiration photo below.  Doesn't that make you ready for Christmas?  Ok, I am NOT ready to speed things up that much, but I could use a little cooling off.  The temps have been in the 90s here all week so far!
 The sponsor this week is Meljen's Designs.  The snowman on my card is one of their images; isn't it adorable?  Anyway, the prize for this week is to be a guest designer sometime in September!  How fun.
Looking at my card, I bet you can guess which way the inspiration took me, huh?  I went with the color theme of white with a bit of green and a little pop of gold.  Then last week, the challenge from Just Us Girls was to create a faux window scene.  I realize that it is too late to enter that challenge, but just couldn't get it out of my head.  I thought this image would work perfectly and then when I looked at the inspiration photo again . . . it has a window!!!  So, it was meant to be and I just had to give it a try.  I think it's pretty cute.  Make sure you go on over to the CSAYL blog and join in the inspiration challenge.  I'd love to see what you come up with.  Maybe even try the faux window technique.

Supplies:
Stamps: Meljen's Designs digital image--snowman; Verve's "Ornamental Christmas"--sentiment
Dies and embossing folders: Verve's "Charming Ovals"; cuttlebug snowflake embossing folder
Embellishments: gold brads, white flocking powder

4 comments:

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

Oooo, you are doubly good by going with the colors and the window!!!

Patricia Chalas said...

your colors are greaT!! love the window look

Mynn xx said...

LOVE the use of the faux window technique!!! And the extras on your snowman are fabulous! :)

Mervi said...

Wow gorgeous card, luv it;-))m