Sunday, June 24, 2012

Sparkly Christmas

I'm still plugging away at my Christmas card stash; I think I'm about halfway finished.  I didn't have a specific card I needed, so decided to go with the Christmas card.  It's a good default as I need so many.  I "HAD" to use the Viva La Verve June week 3 sketch and with the orange, lime, and purple color combo from Tuesday Alchemy in mind this card feels a little retro to me.  Not your usual Christmas colors, but I think it works.  The ornament is a fun little embellishment.  I started by stamping it (stamp from Verve's Ornamental Christmas) on a piece of white paper, cut it out (the stamp actually has some swirls and flourishes around the ornament, but I didn't want them for this), colored the ornament topper (doe it have a name?) with a silver marker then masked it off and sprayed the rest with adhesive and sprinkled glitter all over it.  After I attached it with foam tape, I added the three little, tiny rhinestones from Taylored Expressions for a little jeweled look.

Challenges:
Viva La Verve June week 3--sketch
Tuesday Alchemy #19--orange, lime, plum
Crimbo Crackers #18--anything goes (as long as it is holiday related)
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas challenge #78--let's get inky
52 {Christmas} card throwdown #6--sparkle glitter
The squirrel and the fox #20--make it sparkle

Supplies:
Stamps: Verve "Ornamental Christmas" (ornament and sentiment)
Paper: striped paper from Jo at  http://trimgym.blogspot.co.uk/ (I added orange glitter to the tan stripes to make them fit the color challenge and the glitter challenge)
Embellishments: rhinestones from Taylored Expressions

10 comments:

Hazel said...

This is a classy card and I think the colours work together well. I love the ornament. Thanks for getting inky for my CHNC challenge 78 - hope to see you again soon. x

Jacqueline said...

Lovely card - love the sparkle. Thanks for joining in this week at 52CCT - Jacqueline xx

Corrinne said...

Very CAS & sparkly creation! Love it :) I'm happy to have you join us at Tuesday Alchemy & I hope to have you play with us tomorrow with our new challenge!

Lots of joy :)

BlackLissi said...

Sweet sparkly creation! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Alchemy!

Katya- Ангел в кедах said...

Would never have thought of using this colour combo for a christmas card, but it looks great!

Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Alchemy this week!
Hugs
Katya x

Mynn xx said...

This is gorgeous! LOVE your glittery ornament and your glittery stripes are fabulous, too! :) Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

Danielle Vincent said...

I love that color combo! Its a fun, festive and "sparkly" card.

Julie said...

The colours work well. Great card.

Ruth M said...

This is such a fab retro but contemporary Christmas card - love the unusual colours and the oh, so sparkly ornament!
Thanks for playing along with us at 52 CCT this week! Ruth x

Louise van Vuren said...

Love the colour combo..very retro and the sparkly bauble is just perfect
Louisex