Monday, July 18, 2011

I'm baaaaack



Hi, all. I have been missing for a while as summer seems to be an extremely busy time around here. But I was in need of a birthday card for my brother for this weekend, so I HAD to get some stuff out and play. This is my first successful attempt at an easel card and hey, I think I might like it. The challenge from Delightful Challenges this week was to use fancy folds; I think it qualifies. The sketch is from the Skipping Stones Designs challenge. Verve is running their Diva Dare for the next week or so and the dare is to use paper you have been hoarding and sentiments only (no images) to allow that paper to shine through. Now, I haven't been hoarding this paper, but I have had it for years and never used it. When I pulled it out, I realized it was perfect for the graphic look I had in mind for this card. Did you notice the picture at the top of the post? Well, it is the inspiration for the Paper Variety challenge this week. I picked up on the black and white with a pop of that lime green that shows up in one of the puzzle pieces under the book.





The numbers dies and the fabulous sentiment (Big Birhday Wishes)are both from PTI. I used two of the classic circles large dies from Spellbinders to create the frame behind the numbers.











12 comments:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

OH my word! This is such a cool card. Love that tire swing.

Nicole Doiron said...

Very lovely card! For a first time easel card maker, you did incredibly well! Thank you for playing along with us at The Paper Variety this week!

Brenda said...

this is beautiful! I love your take on the sketch! Thanks so much for playing along at SSD!

Barb Turpin said...

Love this! Thanks for playing along at Skipping Stones Design this week.

Anonymous said...

So cute! Thanks for sharing!

Marlena M. said...

I love the design on this card! ;)

Jingle said...

This is gorgeous!!! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at SSD!

Rosalien Zwackhalen said...

Clean and simple but fabulous!! I love it. thanks for joining DC.

Hugs,Rosalien

Sandi said...

Beautiful card....love the sentiment. Thanks for joining us this week at The Paper Variety.

Andrea Ewen said...

Wow, Heather...what an elegant card! I love the muted tones and the focal numbers tied up with twine! Great take on the challenge!

Teresa Kline said...

this is a fabby card, great style...hope your week is great!

enjoy *~*

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Beautiful Heather!! Love the pop of green with your creative circle bg for the numbers!!