Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Skipping a Beat

 I won this adorable stamp set from My Favorite Things and it just came this week. As soon as I saw this cutie and the so sweet sentiment that came with it, I knew it had to be used for a Valentine's Day card for my husband.  I mean, seriously . . . "You Make My Heart Skip a Beat"?  It just had to be!
The card was almost completely inspired by challenges that had expired by the time I got it finish. : (  But I had them stuck in my head and it looked like I imagined so I kept going with it anyway.  I did manage to use up an item from my bits and pieces stash: the white scalloped circle.

Challenges (and inspiration from past challenges):
Sister Act Card Challenge #42--anything goes
My Favorite Things #161--sketch (unfortunately, I didn't finish in time, but I still like the sketch a lot)
MFTWSC161
One Sweet Challenge--Love
Cutie Pie #62--My cute valentine
Love to Scrap #23--Who Loves you Baby? (use the word LOVE)
The Paper Girls #49--Love your Love
Cuttin' and Stampin' #5--Sweethearts (I was also inspired by the color combo of their previous challenge: pink, orange, gray; sadly, I was also too late for that one!)\

Supplies:
Stamps: Verve "Text Objects" sentiment, "To the Moon" little heart trio inside, "Happy Valentine's Day" plain jane; My Favorite Things "Jump For Joy" image and sentiment inside
Papers: My Mind's Eye "Collectables";
Dies/punches: spellbinders standard circles, large; SU! scalloped circle punch

11 comments:

Unknown said...

This is such a cute card. Thank you for sharing at One Sweet Challenge. We wish you good luck and hope to see you again. Sylvia, SPS-DT

Anonymous said...

What a sweet girl, I love the colors! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Girl's Challenge Blog! :)

Vickie Y said...

Adorable image and card! Thank you for playing along with us at Cuttin' and Stampin' Sweethearts Challenge.

Angeline Choo said...

Cute image! :D

Thanks for joining us at Sister Act Card challenge this week.

-Angeline DT

scrappymo! said...

This card is so very cute...lovin' the colours and design. Great take on that sketch!

Wendy Fraser said...

Just adorable, love the layout, thanks for joining us at Cutie Pie xx

lilyandthelotus.blogspot.com said...

Adorable card. Thank you for joining us at One Sweet Challenge.
susan s

Cathy said...

very pretty card, love you little girl image:))) thank you for taking part in the Cuttin' and Stampin' Challenge.
Cathy Derouche
Cuttin' and Stampin' Orange DT member
cathyplus5.blogspot.com

Indy's Designs said...

What a darling card. The sentiment is great! So glad you were inspired by this week's "Sweetheart" challenge at Cuttin'and Stampin!
Hugs, Debbie!

BrendaB said...

This is so cute! You have the perfect image and sentiment match! Thanks for joining us at Love to Scrap

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

You have made a wonderful card here. Thanks for taking part in the One Sweet Challenge this month of “love” and best of luck. We hope to see you back again very soon. Best wishes, Kym, Sweet Pea Stamp Design Team xxx