Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Fabulous vintage

 I don't usually make vintage cards, it just isn't my "thing", but I had the challenge from Divas By Design--vintage, stuck in my head as I was looking through my digi images on my computer.  And when I came across this image, I knew it would work!  And it did, but unfortunately, by the time I got around to finishing it, the challenge was over. : (  Oh well!  I think this image is gorgeous, and have had it for quite a while.  Just wasn't sure how to use it, or for what occasion.  This card is going to my best friend for Valentine's Day and it just the right occasion, I think.  The feather was the perfect finishing touch AND it came out of my "bits and pieces" stash that I am slowly whittling away at.  And the piece of lace, though not in the stash, was just barely long enough for the card and is now used up, too.

Challenges:
Brown Sugar #79--feathers
Viva La Verve January week 5--sketch

Lexi's Creations #109--Love/Valentine's Day
{Pin}spirational Challenge #93--inspiration photo (I was inspired by the red and gray books and the "classic" theme--it's like vintage)

Our Daily Bread Designs #189--L.O.V.E. recipe (use items that begin with the letters of love)--I have Lace, Oval, Vintage, Embellishments (feather, rhinestones)
Cuttlebug Mania--a touch of red
Word Art Wednesday #118--anything goes with uplifting sentiment

Supplies:
Stamps: Rick St. Dennis "1935 Hat" digi; Verve "So Happy" sentiment, "Happy Valentine's Day" plain Jane; Clear Dollar Stamps "Elegant Flourishes"
Papers: Basic Grey; recycled encyclopedia paper stamper with flourishes
Dies: spellbinders classic ovals, large; Verve "Charming Oval" dies

13 comments:

Linda Carson said...

Your vintage looks fabulous Heather! Torn paper, lace, feather and a hit of bling equals vintage! Love the image and your friend will adore it! Thanks for joining us this week at ODBD!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a fun and beautiful card Heather!! Love the vintage style and the added feather for texture. Great job using the letters in L-o-v-e for creating your card. Thanks for joining the Shining the Light challenge this week!!

Teresa Arsenault said...

Another great use of your scraps and a terrific design. I love how you sneaked that bit of lace in there. It fits beautifully into the overall design. Blessing hugs, Teresa

Lynn (aka Lynnpenguin) said...

I love this card...and such a vintage feel to it even tho you say you don't do vintage !! Very sweet indeed.

Thanks for playing along with us at Brown Sugar this week. Good luck.

Lynn, BSCB DT

Kerry said...

Great card and such an elegant lady. Thank you for joining in with our Touch of Red challenge at Cuttlebug Mania x

Angella D. Crockett said...

Such a great valentine for a friend! Love the fun image and the feather is perfect!! Thanks so much for joining us over at ODBD for our weekly challenge!! God bless!

Marina said...

Love this colour combo and the book print background. A lovely card that fits our challenge perfectly. Thank you for joining us at Pinspirational Challenges. Come back next week!
Marina

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Heather, what a sweet card with this beautiful hatted lady! Your LOVE recipe is perfect, and I just love the feather to add a soft touch. It's a delight! I'm so glad you've joined us again this week for the ODBD Shining the Light challenge! Hugs, precious friend!

Glenda Atkins said...

Beautiful card, love the vintage lady and the and the wonderful feather! Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations!

Kimbo said...

I love your vintage card and the red feather is the perfect touch. Thanks for playing along at Cuttlebug Mania this time x

TRACEY MO said...

What a lovely card great layout on the card.

Thanks for joining us at lexi's creation today.
Tracey dt

Saints Rule! said...

Thank you for joining us this week at Word Art Wednesday!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Very striking card. Love the way you added the feather!

Thank you for participating in last week's {PIN}Spirational Challenge. I hope you'll play along again very soon!