Saturday, February 8, 2014

Adoption celebration

What kind of card do you make for an adoption celebration (celebrating the day someone was adopted)?  I was at a loss for a bit, but then while looking at my stamp sets, I found the one that had these mix and match sentiments.  And I thought it was just right.  It's for an almost 14-year-old boy, so I went a little bit more graphic and distressed than usual.  And it's kind of fun  I even managed to to add a little bit from my bits and pieces stash: the little red circle.

Challenges:
Cuttlebug Mania--add a touch of red
Creative Inspirations #251--anything goes 
The Stamping Chef #15--anything goes
Word Art Wednesday#118--anything goes with uplifting sentiment

Supplies:
Stamps: Verve "Take Note" envelope, heart, sentiments, "Blue Skies" notebook paper, "Borderline" both arrow strips
Dis: Verve "Classy Labels" die; spellbinders arrow




6 comments:

Kimbo said...

I love all the shapes on this - perfect for the occasion. Thanks for playing along at Cuttlebug Mania this time x

Saints Rule! said...

Love your take on the sketch! Thank you for joining us this week at Word Art Wednesday!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Very pretty Heather. Great take on the sketch... love the images you used and the colors are just so pretty.

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

Such a cool take on the sketch and I think you captured the occasion perfectly!

Bo said...

Wonderful card! Thanks for sharing with us at Sister Act Card Challenge! Hugs, Bo

Kerry said...

Great card for a special occasion. Thank you for joining in with our Touch of Red challenge at Cuttlebug Mania x