Friday, February 7, 2014

Shaker Valentine

 This Valentine's Day Card is for my husband's Grandfather and his wife.  She is really into cloches and that kind of thing, so I thought this apothecary jar would be a great image to use and I was thinking of masking it and stamped conversation hearts in it or something like that.  Then I thought how fun it would be to make it a shaker card.  In my quest to use up my "bits and pieces" stash, I chose the color scheme to match a heart that I already had die cut.  But I just couldn't make it work.  So, I added it to the inside to go with the sentiment.  I just HAD to use it.  As I was looking through my cardstock to find a piece that matched that heart, I found this piece that had flowers stamped on it already.  I don't know what it was from, but I thought the subtle pattern was a great addition.

Challenges:
Sarah Hurley--All embellishments, just one shape (everything I used is a heart, even the pieces in the shaker and my border die)
Paper Pretties #296--Valentine/Love
Mod Squad--hearts and glitter (my glitter is inside the shaker part)

Supplies:
Stamps: Verve "Happy Valentine's Day" plain jane; PTI "Damask Designs" sentiment inside; "Apothecary Jar" digi (I thought it was from Scribbles Designs, but couldn't find it on their site, so not sure where it came from)
Dies: Verve "Scalloped Trim Trio" heart border die; spellbinders classic ovals, large


15 comments:

Lee said...

Oh LOVE the glitter in your shaker card! What a lovely design and I think it will be treasured! Thanks for playing along with us at Mod Squad!

Kris B said...

Wonderful shaker card! What a special Valentine! What an awesome take on this weeks sketch! Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

Debbie said...

So cool!! I love the shaker jar!!!
Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

Jessi Fogan said...

So fun! You've got to love a card when all the bits come together just so like that :) Thanks so much for coming to play with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches this week!

Laura Davis said...

Soooo sweet!
Laura

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a beautiful card you have made Heather.
Thanks for join us at
{Digistamps4Joy DT Member}

Karin

Verna Angerhofer said...

She will love that card. I certainly do!

Unknown said...

Heather this is gorgeous thanks for joining us at ds4j and good luck

Cat Tidwell said...

LOVE shaker cards and love yours with the glitter! Awesomeness! Thanks so much for playing along in our challenge at the Mod Squad Blog this week!

Riette said...

I'm always SO impressed with shaker cards because I end up giving up with them :D
Well done!
Thanks for joining us at DS4J ;D
xxxx
Riette, DT.

Carol C said...

Great card, I love the jar :) Thanks for joining us at Sarah Hurley 365 Challenges, Carol xx

fatmonica said...

What a great idea-I love it!Thanks for sharing it at Sarah Hurley365

Claire said...

This is gorgeous, thanks for joining us over at Sarah Hurley 365.
C xx

Unknown said...

Thanks for joining us at Sarah Hurley 365, this is a fab Valentines card. So sweet to have hearts in the shaker.

Claire x

Clare Brown said...

This is fab! love what you have done with the jar. good luck and thanks for entering our challenge over at Sarah Hurley Challenges.