Monday, April 16, 2012

sponging layers

April is birthday month in my family, so I have lots of cards to make! For this card, I used the JUGS #132 challenge: sponging a layer; the Creative Inspirations #158 challenge to use pastel purple, pastel blue, and pastel green and the Our Daily Bread Designs #104 Spring Word challenge (use elements that begin with at least three letters of the word "Spring"); I used "S"-sponging and stamps, "P"-pastel colors, "R"-ribbon, "I"-ink, "N"-nestabilities dies (classic scalloped circle, large and standard circles, large and floral doily motifs), "G"-gems (little blue rhinestones on the main butterfly). I blocked off the center portion and divided it into sections with post-it notes and sponged the different colored strips. In the process, I learned that post-it notes do NOT like to stick to ink! Then I added the flourish from Clear Dollar Stamps' "Elegant Flourishes" set and the butterflies from SU!'s "Sweet Summer" set (a sale-a-bration set) in black ink. Part of the inspiration for this card was the three die cuts I used. They were left overs from another project and fit the color scheme perfectly so I had to use them. The sentiment is from Verve's "Birthday Phrases" and the little dotted line stamped in green underneath is from the CDS flourish set. A little purple butterfly and blue rhinestones finished it off.

4 comments:

SandeeNC said...

Love your sponging technique and such soft pretty colors! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Love all the pastels and your sponging. So soft and beautiful! Perfect take on the Shining the Light S-P-R-I-N-G word challenge at ODBD. Thanks for joining us this week!
blessings,
Chris

Lisa Kind said...

Love the blocking you created with the sponging technique! This is very pretty! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

Rosemary said...

beautiful card... love the color-blocking! thanks for joining the shining the light challenge!