Friday, April 13, 2012

Bookworm challenge

Another entry for one of Flourishes' release week noontime challenges. This one is to create something related to a book. I always have some kind of book or other reading material half finished, so I chose to go with a bookmark. I started with this awesome verse: Hebrews 11:1 plain jane from Verve. Then I had to look around for an image to go with it 'cause I knew I wanted something behind the verse that wouldn't overpower it. I found this leafy, lacey fern from a set from Flourishes (I don't know the name {someone gave it to me without all the packaging}, but it is full of beautiful fern images) and knew it was perfect. I outlined the bookmark in black pen (a neat tip I learned from Papertrey Ink's Nicole Heady), matted it onto some ripe avocado paper and finished it off with an eyelet and some rip avocado ribbon (PTI).

2 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Wonderful bookmark Heather! Thanks for joining along with Flourishes :)

Stacy Morgan said...

Classy feeling, great job. Thanks for playing in Flourishes challenge.