Monday, April 2, 2012

Easter Blessings

I don't usually make Easter cards (it is just not a way that we have ever celebrated Easter) but since both the Timeless Tuesday #152 challenge and the Delightful Sketches challenge were to create Easter projects, I decided to give it a go. I think I will send it to my Grandmother; grandmothers are the ones who think to send Easter cards, right? The stamps are from an old Flourishes set. I'm not even sure they carry it anymore. I had yet to ink it up and wasn't really sure about it anyway. But I think it turned out really beautiful. I used the Pretty Patterns #54 sketch and its simplicity left the perfect spot for this large stamp. I actually had to cut slits for the ribbon so it wouldn't cover up the top of the cross, but I think it adds to the design. After I had it all colored, I stamped the musical score strip from Skipping Stones Design's "Timeless Textures" set. I stamped it off on scrap paper before stamping onto my panel to tone down the color a bit.

3 comments:

Rosalien Zwackhalen said...

This is beautiful, I specially love the background. You colouredd the image beautiful. :)
Thanks for joining DC.

Hugs, Rosalien

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

What a beautiful Easter card very apt. Thanks for sharing with us at Delightful this week hugs Susan x

Tangii said...

This is just beautiful Heather! COngrats on being chosen as this week's fav, and thanks for playing along with the MTME Pretty Patterns Sketch team! We hope to see you again :)