Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter

Ok, so I'm a bit late for Easter, but maybe I'm early for next year? Either way, the Creative Inspirations #157 and For Fun challenges these week were both to create an Easter project. I also used the Sweet Stop Sketches #153 sketch (they are celebratin a birthday and let us choose from past sketches; I chose #136), the Our Daily Bread Designs #103 challenge to create a project celebrating new life (the cross is the basis for the new life of a Christian) and the Stampin' Sister in Christ challenge to create a joy-ful card; something celebratory (the resurrection of Jesus is THE most important reason to celebrate). The image and the sentiment are both from the same set by Flourishes (I don't know the name, it was a gift and didn't come with all the packaging) and I used the musical score stamp from Skipping Stones Design's "Timeless Textures" set. After I had the image and sentiment stamped, I felt like the sentiment panel covered up way too much of the image so I lightly stamped and colored the missing part of the image onto the sentiment panel. And it works! I added three Kaiser Kraft droplets in the upper left to add a little something that seemed to be missing.



8 comments:

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Heather! Your card is SO pretty. I love it, and enjoy your celebration of Easter. I hope you will check out the sister site to Stampin' Sisters in Christ - Word Art Wednesday. We have a new challenge every Wednesday, and would LOVE to have you join us. We have great prizes each week, and hope you will stop by soon. Have a blessed week, and thanks for sharing your beautiful work.
Hugs,
Karen L, Blog Administrator
Word Art Wednesday
www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

Helen Dooley said...

Thats a very beautiful card. Glad you were late for Easter and shared with us. :) I love the image. That cross is perfect. Thanks for sharing with us at For Fun

Embley Veronica said...

Very pretty and a great Easter composition. Thanks so much for joining us this week at For Fun Challenges!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow Heather!! How pretty!! I love the colors and your coloring is gorgeous!!Thanks for joining us at ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!!
Hugs,
Chris

Janice M said...

What a pretty Easter card! Thanks for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Gorgeous card Heather. That cross is the pretties image! Great colors. Love the musci background. Thank you for playing with us at The Sweet Stop this week!

Chrissy D said...

Ohh this is so pretty! Love the soft colors and the image of the cross. Wonderful! Thank you for joining us in the Sweet Stop Sketch! Have a blessed week!

Traci M said...

Beautiful card, Heather, and definitely celebraatory!! I love the way you overlapped the floral on your sentiment panel. Thanks so much for joining us this week at SSiC!!