Saturday, April 14, 2012

leaf flowers



My daughter goes to AWANA (a Bible Club) at a local church and this week was the last meeting. So, I needed to make two little gifts for her leaders. I made a set of simple note cards and matching envelops and used the clear boxes the stamp sets from PTI come in to create these cute little purse/boxes. (Those are the note cards that are the decoration on the front of the purse. Now, see those fun red flowers? I created those for the Make it Monday #61 challenge to create a flower using leaf dies. I wanted to make sure I stuck to the challenge specifics so I did use a leaf die for the base layer of the flower on the left. But while I was looking through my dies, I thought the center from the "0" from the "by the numbers" die set would make really cool petals too; they are the top layer of the left flower. After I had die cute the "0"s I saw that they woul make a really fun loopy flower, hence, the flower on the right. I topped both flowers off with a die cut circle covered in glitter. The picture below shows the two dies I used.





This picture shows the flower created with the "0" die. Isn't it so fun?






Also, I needed a little tag on which to write the message and the For Fun challenge this week was to create a tag.

So, I cut out a tag and stamped the large medallion from "Mehndi Medallion" and "Thank You" from "Through the Trees" both from PTI. I outlined the tag with a black pen (a trick I stole from PTI's Nicole Heady), and something simple and super easy became really elegant. Since the base of the tag is black, I added a small square of white on the backside on which to write.











5 comments:

Kathy D. said...

These are just too ADORABLE!! Love them.
My friend saw a flower made out of "o's" but it looked different so I will have to show her yours! cute!!

Thanks for playing "tag" challenge with us at For Fun Challenge. Hope to see you Wednesday when the new challenge is posted.

P.S. - If you want clear boxes for cute gifts check out www.cleardollarstamps.com Just put clear box in the search

victoria h said...

Fab flowers and gr8 use of your packaging.

Cards By MI said...

Such lovely creations. They are stunning and classy at the same time. Thanks for playing with us over at FFC this week.
Love n hugs
Marie

Katy said...

These are sooo pretty and elegant! The leaders are going to love them! I love how you did the flowers-I am going to revisit my stash of die cuts :) And yours tags are gorgeous! Thank you for playing at For Fun Challenge! --Katy, Guest Design Team Member :)

Lisa Lara said...

Oh these are so smart. I love them. Love that tag too. So happy you joined our CDS blog hop.