Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Praying for you

Have you ever considered using your dies to cut foam for a card? I never did until this week's Make it Monday challenge over at the Papertrey Ink blog. And now I think I might be addicted!! Lucky for my daughter, she only had very small pieces that were already cut in animal shapes. Otherwise I might have cut a lot more!! It was really fun. So, since the shapes were only about an inch in diameter I had to use small dies. The little fleur de lis from the fleur de lis pendant set from spellbiners fit perfectly. I die cut 8 and sponged them with a little creamy caramel ink (SU!) to take away the starkness of the white. Extra bonus for these little shapes, they already had adhesive on the back and all I had to do was peel it off to adhere them to the card. The focal image was made using a metal embossing template that I embossed and then inked with the same caramel ink. The cardstock is ocean tides from PTI and the damask stamp and sentiment are from Damask Designs by PTI. The layout for the card is from the Sweet Stop challenge for this week.

2 comments:

Diane Jaquay said...

This is SO pretty, I love the damask and fleur design!!

Denise Marzec said...

Classy!