Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Acrylic smashing success

Today's card uses the Sweet Stop sketch challenge 99, the JUGS challenge 75 to use the acrylic smash technique, and the Flourishes Cut Above the Rest challenge (use die cuts or border punches or something that "cuts" an edge). My papers are all from the Hot Off the Press Paper pack I have been using all week (check out previous posts to see other designs) which I distressed on the edges and inked with brown ink, and I stamped the damask pattern from PTI's Damask Designs on the layer under the focal image. I used the acrylic smash technique under my focal image (also from Damask Designs) with silver acrylic paint. I am going to have to try this technique again with more color; not sure I achieved the "desired" result this time. My border punch is EK success and the metal fleur de lis are from spellbinders as is the label one shape of my focal image. The thank you stamp is from PTI's Through the Trees.

8 comments:

Elise said...

Oh, HEATHER! This is SUCH stunning use of this wonderful technique! The effects you've created have a look of MICA! {LOVE it!} I'm so happy you incorporated this awesome technique into your creation with such... wait for it... SMASHING success! {!} Doh! THANKS for joining us, this week with JUST US GIRLS! Yipeeee!

ChristineCreations said...

So many beautiful techniques and effects on this card! Beautiful!

Lisa Kind said...

I think your acrylic piece looks like marble! So cool! Very pretty card! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

Maria said...

So very lovely! Love the vintage look! Thanks so much for playing along with JUGS this week.

Kathryn B said...

I tried using this stamp for my card unsuccessfully i might add! LOL!!! Yours is just beautiful Heather!

So glad you could play along with JUGS this week!

Stacy Morgan said...

Very cool! I like the vintage feel you have to this. Thanks for playing in Flourishes A cut above the rest challenge.

Leslie Miller said...

This is gorgeous with beautiful colors and papers. I love those fleur de li elements. They actually look like little metal embellishments. Nice job! Thank you so much for joining us at Flourishes Cut Above challenge!

Dana Gustafson said...

Nice Heather! I love the damsk you used to highlight your gorgeous piece of SMASH! Ad the metal fleur de lis ? They are get outta here GORGEOUS! Thanks for getting all painty with Just Us Girls this week!