Saturday, March 5, 2011

The beauty of green

My last card of the day is this green beauty using the waltzingmouse sketch and the Timeless Tuesday challenge from Flourishes to make a St. Patrick's Day card or a card using green. I don't have any St. Patrick's stamps, so I went with green. This is the first Timeless Tuesday challenge for me as I just discovered it after going over to check out the new releases. I'm so excited to have found something that matches PTI's ocean tides card stock (card base and ribbon). I love the color, but have not been very successful in finding another color that I like to use with it. But I think this darker green was perfect. My layered focal from front to back is standard ovals (large I think) stamped with a plain jane from Verve, labels one, two scalloped tags and the Fleur de lis pendant all from spellbinders. I scored around it using my scor-pal to add a little something extra.

5 comments:

Lynn Mercurio said...

Truly a beautiful card. Love the tone-on-tone colors...and it works so well with the Waltzingmouse Stamp Sketch Challenge too.

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohh this is GORGEOUS!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Very pretty! LOVE the die-cuts! Thanks for joining us for Timeless Tuesday!

Dee Jackson said...

Very pretty! I really like that the sentiment is the focal point. thanks for playing in the FTTC this week:)

Alice said...

so beautiful and elegant. love the layering of the shapes. fabulous card! thanks for joining us at WMSC this week!