Thursday, March 3, 2011

First Ever Blog Hop!

Today, I am participating in my first ever blog hop (I have hopped around before, but never been part of one)--it is Verve's Fan Hop and you have until Sunday to join, too. I am using the Mojo Monday 180 sketch and as it is the first week of the month, the added challenge was to make either a round or square card. I love a challenge, so I chose to make a circle card. : ) I used spellbinders classic scalloped circles (the largest die) for the base, classic circles large (also the largest) for the first layer and one of the smaller circles from the set for the focal image; Martha Stewart scalloped border punch and butterfly ; Verve's "Accent Notes" for the focal and "Celebrating You" for the sentiment. Have fun hopping.

23 comments:

Marisa said...

What a fun use of this week's Mojo sketch, and way to flash some purple :)

Cassie_lu said...

cute purple card

Marsha said...

You are so brave to do a round card. I need to try one again.

Joanne Gilch said...

AND you made background paper with the same accent...very creative! I like how they match.

Rhonda said...

Love all the purple!!

Heidi said...

Welcome Heather, glad that you are joining th ehop!

Tina said...

Love the round sketches and your's is definitly pretty in purple! Great job!

Miss J said...

sweet monochromatic purple with a dash of green...

Debbie Carriere said...

Lovely card - you used the sketch wonderfully & I love all the purple! TFS :)

Unknown said...

Beautiful card, Heather! Great take on the round mojo sketch!

Crafty Math Chick said...

Congratulations on your first hop! Hope you had fun. Like that you did something different and made a circle card, and how you combined the different Verve sets (some of my faves). I am not usually a fan of purple but you make it look good! :)

Ravengirl said...

Very pretty! I love purple!

Sue D said...

Very pretty purple card--I like the shape.

Wanda Cullen said...

Love your sweet circle card! So glad you joined in the hop!

Betty Wright said...

Heather, this is beautiful in hues of purples! Wonderful design! Thanks so much for playing in our Verve Fan Hop! Lovely card!

Denisse said...

i love the purple! beautiful card :)

Karen Day said...

Great card - I love the purples!

Vickie Z said...

You can DO purple {little jealous here}- one of my hardest colors to use. Great round card and great use of the sketch!!

Tanya said...

So pretty! I love round cards and love the purple, don't really see it enough. TFS! :D

Basement Stamper said...

nice colors and love seeing the circle cards.

ellepaulette said...

So lovely!!

Marianne C said...

Such a nice card. That purple/mauve is very pretty.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a pretty card! Love the purple!