Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Envelope box


Finally, a way to enclose all those cards that are just to bulky to put in a regular envelope! The Just Us Girls challenge for this week was to make an envelope gift box to match a card. My card was made using the Our Daily Bread Designs sketch challenge and the Off the Wall Craftiness color challenge of dark purple, white, and lavender. (see the inspiration photo above) Check out the flowers! Are they not gorgeous??? I have been challenging myself to use some of those products that I have had FOREVER and kind of forget about because they are not the IN thing to use. Well, I made these out of mulberry paper. (Remember that stuff!?) I made the card first and created the flowers using basically a cake flower making technique--forming each indivdual petal using a scallop punch and rolling them together and finishing off the bottom with floral tape. Now, they came out much better, but were a lot of work, so for the envelope I used a scalloped circle die (spellbinders), folded them in quarters and kind of scrunched them all up. They came out pretty cool, too, and were WAY easier. I also used a diamond folds template from Hot Off The Press to make the dark purple bands. I think both products might be making more regular appearances.



The card sentiment is a plain jane from Verve and I think could be used for so many occasions. For the envelope box, I just inked up the word "faith". Both use classic ovals and labels 5 nesties and both were topped off with a Martha Stewart butterfly punch out. My daughter (almost 5) says I must have made this for someone special since it is so pretty. So cute!















9 comments:

AKiteFlier said...

Heather what a GORGEOUS set you have made here - I LOVE your flowrs - even the "scrunch" ones for your box - they are just soooooo lovely. You certainly took the spirit of our challenge to heart and made an outstanding set here. The deep purple is so regal and rich and the layout is simple enough to let the wowzer elements shine through! THanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week. We truly appreciate your participation and inspiration!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Heather, this is a gorgeous gift set! I love those mulberry paper flowers you've made, they are perfect for your creation!! Thanks so much for playing along in this weeks Shining the Light Challenge over at ODBD!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

~Tammy~ said...

What a beautiful way to use our colors this week at OTWC! I love the beautiful flowers you have offset from your sentiment panel! Thanks for playing with us this week and Good Luck!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh Heather, this is a beautiful Gift set!! I just love the purple and your flip of the sketch. Beautiful design and details. Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week.

Jan Keen said...

Very pretty, I love mauves and purples, and I like your version of a paper/ribbon twist on the left side. :)

Amy Kolling said...

Wow Heather! I love your project! Those flowers lining the side of the sentiment is just perfect!! This is just so elegant! Thanks so much for playing along again this week! I love to come visit your blog! :)

Tenia Nelson said...

Total awesomeness!!!!!! Thanks for playing at OTWC this week!!!

Dana Gustafson said...

Your little girl is so right! Way to make the products in your stash SING with joy! Your mulberry paper flowers are divine. Thank you for sharing them and thanks so mucb for playing with Just Us Girls this week!

Janine said...

So very pretty - love the colours and the design