Saturday, February 6, 2016

Very Merry

Every time I use this cute little snowman, he makes me smile.  Specially with his little pieced hat and scarf.  Just so cute!  And I really love the bright colors on this card, if I do say so myself. : )  Since January 4th, I've been working on whittling down my bits and pieces stash (those little bits left over from previous cards, or die cuts that just didn't end up being used, little bits of ribbon to long to throw away, etc.), and I believe this is the 14th card using at least 1 piece from the stash.  This time it is that red oval in the center.  I've started looking at sketches and looking in my stash to find and item that works and then build the card from there.  There are some pieces that are going to be hard to use, and I thought this would be one of them, but it really is the perfect backing for this sweet little guy.

Challenges:
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge #267--vintage or anything Christmas related goes
Little Miss Muffet #130--anything goes
Penny's Paper Challenge #263--anything goes
Shopping Our Stash #237--dreaming of something warm (the warm hat and scarf)
Tuesday Throwdown #279--piece it together
Our Daily Bread Designs #270--sketch

Card Mania Challenge #77--add some red
Crafty-Dee BowZ--anything goes with handmade bow
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper--anything goes with patterned paper
Christmas At Sweet Stampin'--bows
Eureka Stamps #178--add some sparkle
Di's Digi Designs--use lots of red

Supplies:
Stamps: YNS "Christmas Snowglobe"
Dies: Spellbinders "Classic Ovals, large" and "Scalloped Ovals, large"

13 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Such a sweet Christmas card!! Love your combo of papers and image as well as your take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at ODBD!

Tracey T said...

This is very cute, Heather! Thank you for playing along at Christmas at Sweet Stampin'. Tracey x

Kajcyika said...

How cute is this! Lovely image with lovely design :)
Thanks for playing with us at Card mania, hope you will join us again :) xx Kaja

Michelle said...

Your card is adorable ! What a cute image and your layout is wonderful. Thanks for joining us this week for our challenge at Penny's Paper Crafty. Hope to see you back again soon :)

lauren bergold said...

oh WOW! that really IS the cuuuuuuuutest snowman in the world & i love his hat & scarf, as well! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR (warm!) STASH with us this week! ♥

Barbara Bruder said...

Your card is adorable. I just love it when I can incorporate those bits of paper (that I can't bear to throw away) into another card.You did a great job. Thanks for joining us at the Craft-Dee BowZ challenge this month. We look forward to seeing more of your beautiful work. Hugs, Barbara { Craft-Dee BowZ}

Gail said...

Oh how darn funny. I'm looking through the cards entered in the Craft-Dee BowZ challenge and just admiring some and this one caught my eye. I'm not required by DT law to leave you a comment on it, but I have to tell you how much I like this card not as a DT member but just a Lookey Loo. This is adorable. I love your papers a whole lot. The 'button' gingerbread man paper is awesome and perfect with how you mounted the snowman in the oval. And that oval reminds me of an old sweater I had years and years ago. I love the layout of this, the image is cute (snowmen are my fav winter image) and the bow is fab. What a darn cute winter card...and winter cards are also a fav of mine. I guess you could say I adore your card. hahahhaha.

Wendy said...

Gorgeous card.. Thanks for playing along with us at Di's Digi designs challenge this fortnight.
Wendy xx

Heather said...

Thanks, Gail! So glad you enjoyed it. :)

Chana Malkah said...

Wonderful take on the Sketch and a very nice design with great papers! Perfect creation for our challenge this week at Shopping Our Stash! Thanks!
Hugz,
Chana

Kathy D. said...

Congratulations! I can't believe I made top 3 at Tuesday Throwdown with you and Deanne!! What a privilege!!

kReN said...

Great take on that sketch. TFS! kReN@afourthlife.blogspot.com

Margaret said...

Great papers. Love the design of the card. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge.
Margaret, DT