Saturday, February 6, 2016

More scrap tags

I've been playing around with trying to use of some bits and scraps of Christmas patterned paper that I have had for several years.  I love most of the patterns, but after having used them for cards, now there are only pieces that aren't really large enough for cards, but too big to throw away.  I mad a bunch of tags that I posted here with different pieced together backgrounds.  After making them, I still had some left and these are the tags I threw together using the last of the bits.  I still have about 6 pieces left, but they are large enough to actually be used on cards.
I just love this little snowman, and he is absolutely perfect for paper piecing with his hat and scarf.  And the piecing is perfect for using up little scraps!  I can't wait to use up those last paper pieces, be looking for cards using them soon.  But for now, I have eliminated a messy pile of scraps from my paper pile.

Challenges:
Crafty Hazelnuts' Christmas Challenge #267--vintage or anything Christmas goes
Creative Fingers #102--anything goes
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday--have a heart
Inspiration Destination #71--anything goes
Addicted To Stamps #179-- CAS
ABC Christmas--C is for Cute Critters
Fab N Funky Challenge #90--All Creatures great & small
Crafty Creations #308--hearts
Shopping Our Stash #237--Dreaming of something warm (the nice soft and warm hat and scarves)
Tuesday Throwdown #274--Piece it together
Card Mania Challenges #77--Add some red
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper--anything goes with patterned paper
Pixie's Playground #215--anything goes with snippets

Supplies:
Stamps: YNS "Christmas Snowglobe"; Verve "Merrey & Bright" 'To You' sentiment and "Ornamental Christmas" other sentiment
Dies/punches: MFT "Blueprints 13"; Fiskars "Apron" border punch

15 comments:

Elizabeth Hart said...

Love these tags that you used your scraps on - they are fun ans whimsical. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Creative Fingers challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Liz O. said...

Adorable tags! great use of scraps, TFS!

Chris said...

Beautiful tags, so satisfying to make something lovely AND use up your scraps! Thanks for joining us at Fab n Funky this week.
Chris
x

Kajcyika said...

This tags are so much fun! Looove them all! :)
Thanks for playing with us at Card mania, hope you will join us again :) xx Kaja

lauren bergold said...

oh WOW! that is just sooooo incredibly FUN! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR (warm!) STASH with us this week! ♥

Pat said...

Lovely card with lovely images, thanks for playing along at Fab'n'Funky.

Pat xx

Tanja said...

love your cute tags - thanks for sharing your creation at ATSM

cm said...

Oh my...how adorable is your selection of tags! You're well ahead of me with Christmas creations! Thank you for sharing these gems in the ATSM gallery!
~c

jenn shurkus said...

really fun tags!! thank you for playing a long with us at the SImon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!!

Chana Malkah said...

Very nice, each and every one! I am on a tag tear right now, myself! Tags are a great way to use up scraps and ugly papers that you look at and ask, "Why in the world did I buy this?" Tags allow you to embellish away the ugly! :D) Thanks for playing along at Shopping Our Stash!
Hugz,
Chana

Heather said...

So true!! And I have a bunch of those "why in the world did I buy this?" papers!

Mandy LaCroix said...

These are great tags! And I LOVE your critters! Fabulous. :)
Thanks for sharing it over at ABC Christmas Challenges! :)

Adventures in Paperland said...

Cute tags! Thanks for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge. Lisa DT

Anna-Karin said...

Cute tags. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations. Anna-Karin DT

Helen said...

These are so sweet!
Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x