Monday, February 8, 2016

Sweet on You

I bought this super cute Candy Jar Die set from MFT for myself for Christmas.  I had some fun playing with it over the weekend.  I started by cutting the jar portion out of a piece of acetate and the top and base out of silver paper.  I also die cut the jar out of white card stock to help it stand out from the background a bit.  Then I had a moment of genius (at least I think it was!): I wanted to "fill" my jar with hershey kisses, so I crumpled up some tin foil and ran it through my die cutter with the "kisses" die and it is perfect!!  They look just like hershey kisses all wrapped up.  Sooooo Fun!!
 I used a bit of chocolate twine to "tie" my label onto the jar.  The scalloped oval was a recent addition to my bits and pieces stash; my paper slipped while I was die cutting it and flattened out one or two of the scallops.  But I covered it up with my bow and no one (except all of you) will ever know.

Challenges:
Raisin Boat #40--Works of Heart
Craft-Dee BowZ--anything goes with handmade bow
Creative Inspirations #344--hugs n' kisses (literal kisses!)
Fresh Brewed Designs--anything goes
Eureka Stamps #179--recycle it (the acetate was from some stamp packaging--I never throw it away!)

Supplies:
Stamps: MFT "Candy Jar Companions"
Dies: MFT "Candy Jar"; Spellbinders "Standard Ovals, large" and "Classic Scalloped Ovals, large"

9 comments:

Wendy Ann Batchen said...

Lovely project, thanks for sharing at Inspiration Destination. Wendy DT x

Cynthia said...

What a fun die! Great details & design, Heather. Thanks for sharing with Eureka Stamps this week.

Gail said...

What an adorable idea to put Hershey Kisses in the jar. I love this and that yellow ribbon and bow are sweet as can be. I love yellow, pretty yellows (not the yellowish green tones) and this bow is beautifully done, too. Pretty card, Heather! Thanks for joining us at Craft-Dee BowZ for our February challenge! Hugs, Gail

Claudia's kaartjes said...

Hi,

What a cute card. Thanks for joining us at BSC.

hugs
Claudia
DT Brown Sugar Challenge
http://knutselmeisjes.blogspot.be/

Gayatri said...

How sweet? Totally love your jar. Thank you so much for playing along Simon Says Stamp Have a Heart Challenge.
Gayatri xx

cass said...

Great project, thanks for joining us at The Brown Sugar Challenge for our Valentine challenge.

karalschuknecht said...

Great card & such a creative idea with the foil. Thanks for joining us this week at Eureka Stamps for our Recycling Challenge.
Karal DT

Tina H said...

Very sweet card! Thanks so much for joining our Hearts Linky Party at Craftin Desert Divas!
DT Tina

NGCARDS said...

Such a sweet creation! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations! xxx