Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Vase of Tulips

Welcome to another What If Wednesday? on The House That Stamps Built challenge blog.  This week we have an awesome sketch for you.  Here it is:
Here is my take on the sketch.  I totally had a Christmas card in mind, even knew which image I was going to use, but as I was taking another quick look through my new Repeat Impressions stamps that I just got, I found this gorgeous image.  I know it's a bit "spring-y" but I had to use it anyway.
I've got a fun little tip for you: if you don't have matching card stock (I didn't have any the right shade of green), use one of the markers you used to color you image to color the edges of the die cut.  Perfect match!  I did that on both mats.  Now hop on over to The House blog to see how the rest of the DT has used this sketch.  I'd love to what you do with it.

Challenges:
Sugar Pea Designs #21--anything goes
As You Like It--Favorite: brights or pastels (& why); I definitely choose brights any day.  Pastels are not my thing at all.
Cute Card Thursday #396--anything goes
Brown Sugar Challenge #169--anything goes
Creative Fingers--anything goes
Craft Dee Bow Z--anything goes with uplifting sentiment
Paper Nest Dolls--anything goes


Supplies:
Stamps: Repeat Impressions "1317W Vase of Tulips" and "A Happy Hello"
Dies: Spellbinders "Standard Circles, large" and "Picot Edged Circles" Verve "Classy Labels Mini Die"

6 comments:

Aunty Sue said...

love this sketch and great tip shading will allow for change of shades too. fab image and card

Elaine Stark said...

A lovely card. A great image, no wonder you just had to ink it. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

Vicki said...

Love this elegant card, Heather. Your bow is gorgeous. Thanks for joining the Craft-Dee BowZ October Challenge, "Anything goes and include a handmade bow".

Unknown said...

Stunning card..
Thanks for joining us at Brown Sugar Challenge and good luck.

Hugs,
Merlina

Patti J said...

SO pretty, Heather! You do a wonderful job with these sketches, and I am lovin' that bow! Thanks for inspiring!!!

Anonymous said...

lovely card love the vibrancy of the flowers, Thanks for joining in with our challenge at As You Like It,
hugs Samantha :0)