Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Simple friend

I'm a big fan of CAS when it is done right, but I don't do it very often because it is sooo hard to do right.  I gave it a try the other day and I think I really like how this one turned out.
 I spritzed some glimmer mist on the main panel to give it some shimmer, but it's so hard to catch it in a photo.  Unfortunately, some of it dropped in big drops which you can see just to the left of the image and to the right above the image.  It was a little frustrating but then I decided to go with it; it kind of looks like water droplets done on purpose.  I can pretend that, right?

Challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday--anything goes
Inspiration Destination #57--anything goes
Crafty Gals Corner #43--anything goes
Inky Impressions #276--Halloween OR purple, orange, black
Crafter's Cafe #135--black, purple, orange and/or ghosties
Word Art Wednesday #207--anything goes with uplifting sentiment
Shopping Our Stash #225--go paperless (no designer paper)
Cas-ual Fridays #144--bingo (I went with the coloring, spritzing, die cutting row)

Supplies:
Stamps: Cas-ual Fridays "Mon Ami"
Dies: MFT "Blueprints 13"




8 comments:

Cricutjunkie said...

WOW!! I think you did it right. I love the sentiment very creative. I really love CAS cards. Good Job. I am visiting you from Shopping Our Stash and am now your newest follower. Please stop by my Blog and say HI. Traci

Donna said...

You got CAS right on here Heather! Gorgeous! Thanks for joining the SHOPPING OUR STASH crew for our "Go Paperless" challenge this week!!

Tina said...

Absolutely agree with the other ladies here. Its perfect. thank you for joining us at The Crafters Cafe challenge blog. Hugs Tina DT xx

Rebecca Hoy said...

Such a pretty design, thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays Challenge! Rebecca x

Angie Tieman said...

How pretty! I love the bigger drops, they look great! Thanks for playing along with us at the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

Mandy said...

Gorgeous CAS card Heather! The flower is so pretty and I love the pop of colour.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

Michelle said...

This is s fantastic cas-style card.
Thanks for playing with us at Inspiration Destination.
Good luck. xxx Michelle (DT)

Rae Ann said...

I think this is a great CAS card. I struggle with them as well! Love the pearl accents.

Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner for our Anything Goes challenge.