Saturday, October 17, 2015

Pretty in pink

The As You See It Challenge blog is dedicating this week's challenge to a brave little girl named Lola--a little 9-year-old battling cancer.  The challenge is to use some of Lola's favorite things to help cheer her up.  How could I not play along!!??  I have a nine-year-old and I can't imagine her having to deal with that.  My prayers are with you, Lola!  Here's my card, sending happy thought:
I tried the no-line coloring technique on this one.  It's the first time I've done it and I can't really decide if I like it or not.  I mean, it's pretty, but I might prefer seeing the lines.  I used a glitter pen on the wings to give them sparkle and a more "fairy" like look.   I spritzed the background paper with some gold glitter spray, you can see a bit of it in the next picture.  You can also see the glitter pen on the wings.

Challenges:
Creative Inspirations #331--CAS or Fussy & Fancy
Word Art Wednesday #205--anything goes with uplifting sentiment
Aurora Wings #18--anything goes
In the Pink #80--pink ribbon
Cas-ual Chic #2--bingo (I used the coloring/spritzing/die cutting row)
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper--anything goes with patterned paper
Cutie Pie Challenge--pretty in pink
Craft-Dee BowZ--anything goes with handmade bow
Card Mania #73--1 digi; 2 patterned papers; 3 embellishments
One Stitch At A Time #247--awareness or use pink
As You See It--pink, fairies, unicorns, sugar & spice and everything nice + gold for awareness 
AYSIChallenge108
Hiding In My Craft Room #221--favorite cutting tool (I used my three usual tools on this one: my fiskars paper trimmer, my SU! craft knife and my Spellbinders Wizard die cutter & dies)

Supplies:
Stamps: Stitchy Bear's Digi Outlet "Who Me"; Verve "happy thoughts" freebie
Dies: Spellbiners "Floral Doily Motifs" and "Labels One"; Verve "Flag It!; MFT flourish

17 comments:

Amy Jasper said...

A beautiful card and a great tribute! I haven't tried the no-line stamping yet - too nervous, lol! Thank you so much for sharing your card with us on the As You See It Challenge blog. And even more than that, thank you for sharing your love and prayers with Lola!

Heather Cooper said...

Lovely card! I like how you've done the no-line stamping! I know Lola will love it! Thanks for taking the time to share your card and best wishes and prayers for Lola at As You See It Challenges this week.

Nikki Byrne said...

Beautiful card and gorgeous image. thank you so much for joining us this week at OSAAT and good luck. Nikki DT

Notes by Nina said...

The pink is so pretty, Thank you for joining us for Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Debbie said...

Very pretty in pink!!
Thanks for playing along this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!
Debbie (TMS DT)
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Jan Clothier said...

Love that cute little sentiment - just right for this card. How could any nine-year-old girl not love this? Thanks for joining in with Lola's Challenge at As You See It.

Lena said...

Beautiful card, and for such a sweet girl too. She will love it!
Thanks for joining in the fun at Hiding in My Craft Room.
♥ Lena – DT
Lena’s Creations

NGCARDS said...

A very pretty creation! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations! xxx

Jo Ann said...

What a cute card and love the papers you used. So delighted that you joined us at Word Art Wednesday. A new challenge is starting today and I hope you visit us again. Leaving you with the inspiration of God's Word found in Jeremiah 29:12-13 and the Lord tells us, "Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." Have an awesome day!

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

cass said...

Wonderful papers. Thanks for joining us at CHNS patterned Paper Challenge this month.

Shona Hamill said...

Lovely card. Thank you for sharing with us at the Cutie Pie Challenge. Shona xx

Stephanie Eaken said...

Beautiful card! Best wishes to Lola also! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS-UAL Chic!!!

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing your beautiful card with us at Crafting with an Attitude - good luck
Lyn - DT

Julie said...

Great card. Thanks for joining us at the Cutie Pie challenge.

ILEANA ARTUFFO said...

Lovely creation! Beautiful sketch interpretation!
Thanks for playing at Card Mania Challenge.
Ileanaxx

scrapfantazje said...

Great card!
Thanks for joining us at the Card Mania Challenge!
Marzena DT

Donna Maligno said...

Heather this is very sweet - love all your layering! Thanks for joining the Craft-Dee BowZ challenge this month.