Monday, August 26, 2024

Christmas Joy

 Hello, everyone!  It's time for the mid-month reminder for the challenge from the Creative Moments Challenge blog.  The theme is: Patterned Paper.  I am using an image from our fabulous sponsor: Beccy's Place.

 Here is my card:
I chose this pear image and figured I was going to have a really hard time coloring them as I wasn't sure how to achieve the right color combo for a pear.  But I have to say that it turned out really well (at least in my opinion)!  Probably I didn't use the correct colors for this type of pear, but my favorites are D'Anjous and that's the color I went for.  I took three patterned papers and cut them into 1/2 in. strips and used them to create the background.  For a little fun, I used the "outside the box" technique which allows some of the image to remain outside the outer edge of the die cut you use.  I also let part of the image hang off the right hand edge of the card itself.  It just adds a fun look.


You have all month to play along.  So, get inky and link up your creation; I can't wait to see what you create!

Supplies:
Stamps: Beccy's Place "Pears and Mistletoe" digi image; Verve "Beyond Measure" sentiment
Dies: Spellbinders "Classic Circles, Large"

Challenges: 
Sheepski Designs #89--anything goes













Creative Fingers #283--anything goes
C.R.A.F.T. #730--anything goes OR back to school
As You Like It--favorite coloring medium and why (my favorite medium is Spectrum Noir alcohol markers and here's why: they are much less expensive than Copics and I love how you are able to blend the colors/shades together.  And I just love the bright, rich color you get with alcohol markers)
Krafty Chicks #730--all occasions (Christmas)
Jingle Belles--an old-fashioned holiday (these papers have a vintage feel to me)
A Gem of a Challenge--anything goes


5 comments:

Clare Lloyd said...

Delicious card! Thanks for joining us at CRAFT challenge GDT x

Taty said...

a very beautiful Christmas card, the fruit is colored perfectly, I love the background created with the paper scraps, it's an excellent idea for disposing of supplies. Thanks for joining the Craft Challenge Taty x DT

lauren bergold said...

Such a pretty card, beautiful coloring and I adore that cool patchwork-style background! So happy you could join our old-fashioned, vintage-style holiday celebration at Jingle Belles!

Chrissy said...

Beautiful card, I love the design and colouring of the pears, fabulous..
Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge this fortnight at As You Like It..

Luv CHRISSYxx

SmilynStef said...

I love your combination of patterned papers for the sketch ... and your pear coloring is quite lovely ... so glad you shared your Christmas Past with us at Jingle Belles.