Friday, August 23, 2024

City Lights

 Happy Friday!!!  It's time for a new challenge from the Cut It Up Challenge Blog.  This week, the challenge is: Anything Goes!!

Here is my card for your inspiration:
My brother-in-law has lived in NY City for the last several years.  When I discovered this die set in my stash, I thought it would make the perfect birthday card for him.  I started with a white piece of cardstock and inked it up to resemble a sunset sky starting with yellow, to pink, purple, dark blue and ending with black.  Then I die cut the top die cut layer out of silver cardstock and the base layer out of black card stock.  I poked out some of the window pieces and backed the black piece with yellow cardstock so it looks like some of the lights are still on in the buildings.  Then I adhered everything together and stamped a simple sentiment to allow the scene to shine!

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you will hop over to the Cut It Up blog for the full details of the challenge and to see what the rest of the Design Team has created. 

Supplies:
Stamps: MFT "Something for Everything" sentiment
Dies: Altenew "Layered Cityscape A & B"

Challenges:
Cards Galore--anything goes
Crafty Calendar--anything goes
Sheepski Designs #89--anything goes
NBUS #65--never before used schtuff (first outing for these cityscape dies)
Cupcake Inspiration #600--Happy Birthday













The Paper Shelter--anything goes
Penny's Challenge #578--anything goes
Creative Fingers #283--anything goes
Make My Monday #232--something metallic (silver cardstock)
Cardz 4 Guyz #354--sunrise or sunset
C.R.A.F.T. #730--anything goes/back to school
Art Impressions #385--Keep Calm and Celebrate On
Krafty Chicks #730--all occasions


14 comments:

CA Scrapper said...

Your card is gorgeous!!

Have a great weekend.
Leslie

Alyson Mayo said...

Oh, I LOVE this! What a beautiful and realistic cityscape!

Clare Lloyd said...

It’s fab! Thanks for joining us at CRAFT and Penny’s papercrafty challenge GDTx

baileyrosy.com said...

Fabulous ! Such a striking card.

Marie

Dawn Phillips said...

Wow, you've certainly created a stunner with this die. Thanks for joining my theme at Make My Monday. Love Dawn x

Tee said...

I love this! A gorgeous cityscape! Thank you for sharing with us @ Make My Monday.

Billie A said...

Awesome city scape. I love the die. You background sky is perfect. Love this card and thanks for sharing over at Make my Monday, Cardz 4 Guyz..

Taty said...

the card looks beautiful at night, the skyscraper dies are adorable thanks for joining the Craft Challenge Taty x DT

Elizabeth Hart said...

This is such a cool and unusual look - love it! Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Creative Fingers Challenge

Carole J said...

Beautiful card - I love the blended night sky and the silhouette die.
Thank you for sharing your project with us at the Crafts Galore Encore “Anything Goes” August Challenge. Good Luck and hope to see you again soon!
Carole x DT Craftilicious Creations

dj said...

Fantastic!! I love that you thought of a city scape for your setting sun...perfection!! Thanks for playing along with our masculine "sunrise//sunset" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!! You nailed both elements of our challenge with your perfectly masculine city, sky line sunset!!
--Deb Horst, DT #C4G354

Crafty Pink Pixie said...

Cool card design, I love the city scene! Thanks for joining the Art Impressions Challenge! -Tasha

Dawn Phillips said...

Me again. So glad you joined us at Make Make Monday. Love Dawn x

Jolanda Johnstone said...

That is one fantastic die, Heather. A stunning card! So glad you shared your creativity with us at C4G this round. Cheers, Jolanda - DT