Thursday, February 1, 2024

Crazy Cat

 Happy February 1st!!  It's time for a new challenge on the Critter Crazy Challenge blog!  As always, it is a month long challenge: Anything Goes as long as you feature a creature.  Here is my card for your inspiration:

The reason for this card is a LONG story!!!  The short version is that I took my female kitten in to the dr. to be spayed and there were complications.  She has had two additional surgeries (one because she ripped all the stitches out and had an open wound) and a couple rounds of antibiotics and sedatives to try to keep her calm.  That is a joke!  Anyone ever try to keep a kitten calm???  Yeah, it's not working real great.  Anyway, I digress.  The Dr. has been amazing, even coming in on his day off to do the second surgery and not charging me for various things.  So, I thought it would be a good idea to send him a fun little "thank you" card.  I kept it nice and simple, just adding a black cat (like my Shadow) and adding the sentiment and a few die cut stars.

Thanks for stopping by!  Hop on over to the Critter Crazy blog and check out the details and the rest of the projects from the Design Team.

Supplies:
Stamps: Riley & Company "Burt"; Pretty Pink Posh "Thoughtful Greetings" 
Dies: Riley & Company "Smiling Burt"; Papertrey Ink stars

Challenges:
Through the Purple Haze #212--anything goes
NBUS #58--never before used schtuff (the cat stamp and die are brand new, I won them last month and this is the first time using)
Crafty Catz #664--anything goes with the optional twist: make me smile (how can you NOT smile when looking at this crazy cat!)
Creative Fingers #270--anything goes
Word Art Wednesday #623--anything goes with uplifting sentiment
Penny's Challenge #564--anything goes
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday--anything goes


4 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! What a nightmare, but I'm sure your card gave him a chuckle and that he appreciated it. Hope the puss is better now? x

Karen Letchworth said...

I love this card, Heather. It's simple, but super cute. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Word Art Wednesday. It's always a blessing to have you play along with us. I appreciate it very much and I look forward to seeing what you'll create to share with us next.

Marjeta said...

Super card. I love this image.

Darnell said...

What a face on that cat! It's the perfect image to represent your rambunctious kitty, Heather, and I love the sediment and three stars. Hopefully, your vet will understand that you think he is a star! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell