Tuesday, February 27, 2024

So glad

 I lead a women's small group at our church and this semester we are incorporating some "social events" into our schedule.  We meet on Thursday mornings and two weeks ago, Thursday was the day after Valentine's Day.  So, we had a little Valentine's Day party with treats and a few games and I asked each woman to bring a little Valentine's Day card for each of the other women in the group.  This is the card I created to give to everyone.  They are little--4 1/4 x 4 1/4 (mostly so I could cut a 12x12 piece of paper into 9 pieces--I needed 7 cards though I made an extra to give away to a friend) so I created coordinating envelopes to hold them.  Making envelopes is a great way to use up some of that 12x12 patterned paper that you never use!

I die cut the cream hearts and then used the leftover outlines in my mini MISTI to hold them in place so I could stamp the sentiment without having to reposition it every time.  Then I did the same thing with the little banner.  Everything seemed a little plain so I added the stamped pink hearts onto the cream heart.  Inside I wrote each of them a note telling them why I was glad they are part of our group.

Supplies:
Stamps: Sweet n' Sassy Stamps "The Future"; Repeat Impressions "I'm so . . ."; Verve "To the Moon" trio of hearts
Dies: MFT "Stitched Heart STAX" and "Blueprints 12" stitched banner

Challenges:
Unicorn Challenge #94--dots AND/OR stripes
Crafty Calendar--add a heart
613 Avenue Create--anything goes with the optional twist: love letters (sentiment as the focal)
Aud Sentiments #310--used dies AND/OR love/anniversary/wedding
Double D--use patterned paper
Krafty Chicks #704--all occasions
Creative Fingers #272--anything goes
Alphabet Challenge--X is for x-tra hearts

4 comments:

meg said...

A wonderful idea to exchange Valentines cards within your group,a beautifully designed card with an inspirational sentiment,thank you for joining in at the Alphabet Challenge

Card Creator said...

Absolutely love this idea and also your card-it touched me and for that I am grateful

~Tamara at 613 Avenue

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a beautiful quote inside the beautiful heart and card, love the envelope too. x

Leslie Miller said...

Such a pretty little card and a great way to use your paper, including the envelope. I love the idea of a Valentine party. Those were my favorite days when I was in gradeschool and we could actually have parties with cupcakes and the works. Thank you for sharing with us at Double D!