Friday, February 23, 2024

Peace

 Happy Friday!!!  It's time for a new challenge from the Cut It Up Challenge Blog.  This week, the challenge is: Stripes AND/OR Dots

Here is my card for your inspiration:
I chose to use both dots AND stripes!  This card came as a result of a little accident I had in my crafting area this week.  I have a very flimsy wire rack that holds a bunch of supplies including a paper pack that contains both of these papers.  Well, every once in a while, that rack decides to just let go and fall over!  It happened this week and I had to pick everything up and as I was cleaning things off my desk to make this card, I came across the paper pack which has a bunch of scraps all jumbled up in it.  I saw some stripes and remembered there were some dotted papers in it as well, so there you go!  I die cut the oval and stamped the sentiment, but the card seemed a bit too plain just like that, so I die cut some berry twigs and added red nuvo drops for the berries.  It's still a bit plain in my opinion, but it works.
Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you will hop over to the Cut It Up blog for the full details of the challenge and to see what the rest of the Design Team has created. 

Supplies:
Stamps: Verve "Beyond Measure" sentiment
Dies: Spellbinders "Classic Ovals, large"; Memory Box "Winterberry Twigs"

Challenges:
Cards Galore--anything goes
Unicorn Challenge #95--dots AND/OR stripes
Christmas Kickstart #83--out on a limb (the branches and berries could be on a limb)
Aud Sentimens #310--use dies AND/OR Love/anniversary/wedding (I went with dies)
Incy Wincy--Valentine/love AND/OR no pictures (I went no pictures)













Snippets Playground #474--anything goes with snippets  (The papers were cut from snippets of 12x12 papers, the ovals and branches were cut from snippets of card stock)
Word Art Wednesday #636--anything goes with uplifting sentiment
Double D--patterned paper


9 comments:

Alyson Mayo said...

Very pretty holiday card - love the branches and berries :)

ScrappyHorses said...

So festive with the adorable little berry branches! They are such a lovely holiday symbol!

Sarn said...

Love this pretty Christmas card showing off the dots and stripes papers to perfection.

Thanks for coming to play in the Snippet’s Playground. See you in the treehouse later x

Dotty Jo said...

Such a pretty card, and I love the branches full of berries - spot on for our current challenge at Christmas Kickstart! Thanks for joining Gail and me, Jo x

Gerda said...

What a very pretty Christmas card!! Love the pretty papers you used!!
Have a great weekend,
Gerda

Di said...

That was a very happy accident - resulting in a really super card. That's a great sketch you followed - such a pleasing result.

Hugs
Di xx

Treva said...

Cute card, like that you used both dots and stripes. Like the paper and the sketch.

Ina G said...

Don't you love happy accidents Heather. Great result here.

Carrianne said...

Lovely card with fun patterns! Great job with the theme!