Saturday, January 27, 2024

Winter Blues

 Happy Friday!!!  It's time for a new challenge from the Cut It Up Challenge Blog.  This week, the challenge is: This Makes Me Happy.

Here is my card for your inspiration:
This card is full of things that make me happy: I LOVE snowflakes and snow and patterned paper and blue and die cuts and gems--so basically everything on this card makes me happy.  The  two blue snowflakes and the sentiment were recycled from a commercial card we received last year.  The card was too pretty to throw away, so I cut it up a created a new card!  I used some scraps of patterned paper for the different panels and layered them on holographic card stock before adhering them to a navy card base.  I die cut a light gray snowflake and layered it in between the two blue snowflakes.  I also matted the sentiment on holographic card stock and finished everything off with some silver gems.  You can see the shine from the holographic paper and the sparkle on the blue snowflakes a bit better in the photo below:


Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you will hop over to the Cut It Up blog for the full details of the challenge and to see what the rest of the Design Team has created. 

Supplies:
Dies: Papertrey Ink "Fancy Flakes"

Challenges:













Double D--sparkle AND/OR shine













Krafty Chicks #700--all occasions
Creative Fingers #270--anything goes

5 comments:

Carrianne said...

I love that design layout and the colors! Beautiful snowflake, so much detail!

The Crafty Den said...

A really beautiful card Heather. Your snowflake is gorgeous and I love the patterned paper you used. Thanks for sharing with us over at Krafty Chicks challenge. Hugs, Denise x

Judy Woodland said...

Oh my goodness, this is just beautiful. I love all the patterned papers and textures. Lots of wonderful work here and great take on the challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Double D, I hope we see you back again soon!!
Judy~ DD DT Designer

Helen said...

Great recycling and a beautiful card.

Helen x

Gerda said...

What a gorgeous card!! Love the pretty color combo and all the pretty papers you used!! Great take on the sketch!! Love it!!
Have a wonderful day,
Gerda