Friday, April 12, 2024

God's Love

Some Christmas cards that you receive in the mail are just too pretty to throw away.  I have several in a bin near my desk waiting for some inspiration to strike.  The one I used today has been sitting on my desk in the midst of being cut up for a while.  So, today, I finally pulled together a card using the sentiment and I'm working on a second one that will use the image and other parts of the card.  Also sitting on my desk was the piece of scrap paper that I use to protect my desk when I'm inking, stenciling, embossing, etc.  I've thought for a while that it would make a really fun background, and today was the day.  One side of the paper had a lot of gold from a paste and the other side had more blue/purple/black from blending ink and off stamping.  I really thought I was going to use the gold as it was so pretty, but the blue fit much better.
I matted my sentiment on gold card stock and die cut some snowflakes out of a gold glitter paper.  Then finished it off with some irridescent blue/purple rhinestones that I had had for YEARS and never used as they don't match with very many other colors (or at least my style!).  You can see the shimmer and glitter in the photo below:
The background piece has a bit of silver sparkle on it in places, I don't remember if it was from a shimmer spray, or just some diamond glitter that doesn't brush off.  Either way, it adds a nice little sparkle that's hard to catch in a photo.

Supplies:
Dies: MFT "Cute Snowflakes"

Challenges:
Sparkles #159--non-traditional colors
Cards Galore #122--anything goes
ABC Christmas--H is for hats, I is for inky (I chose I for inky with my inky background)
Craft Rockets #113--layer it up













Creative Fingers Challenge Blog #275--anything goes
Fab n Funky #593--add a sentiment
Word Art Wednesday #643--anything goes with uplifting sentiment
Jingle Belles--Peace On Earth Day (use at least one recycled element--Christmas card and the pieces of scrap paper) 

14 comments:

Laurie Unger said...

Heather, the background that you created for this wonderful sentiment is so gorgeous! Glad you joined us over at TSOT.

Marjeta said...

Beautiful card. I love the gold accent. Thanks for playing with us at GCC.

Heather said...

So pretty, and what a fun layout! Very cool colors for this special card! Thanks so much for playing at Sparkles!

kramer_buffy said...

The colors are gorgeous! Thanks for playing with us at TSOT!
-- Dalis
https://www.instagram.com/stamprgrl/

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Many times I use paper as a mat for coloring, blending and stenciling and never got the results you got with that background... beautiful. Got me thinking I might be putting mine in the wastebasket too soon and not fully utilizing. Beautiful interpretation of our sketch and your background is awesome. Thanks for sharing with us at TSOT.

Alyson Mayo said...

Love the blue and gold combo and that printed verse is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing with us at TSOT :)

Melissa Grant said...

Beautiful and classy card. Love the verbiage to celebrate the season! Nicely done and thanks for sharing with us at TSOT!

Carole J said...

This is so beautifully colour co-ordinated and a super way to recycle used cards. Thank you for sharing your project with us at the Crafts Galore Encore “Anything Goes” April Challenge. Good Luck and hope to see you again soon!
Carole x DT Craftilicious Creations

Elizabeth Hart said...

This is really a lovely religious card. The golfd is so beautiful. Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Creative Fingers challenge

Polly said...

The blue and gold are so pretty together! Love the gold snowflakes and sentiment. Thanks for sharing with us at TSOT!

The Crafty Den said...

A really beautiful card Heather. The verse is gorgeous and I love your background. Thanks for sharing with us at Krafty Chicks challenge. Hugs, Denise x

Pat K said...

Gorgeous card Heather with a beautiful sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky. Pat K x

SmilynStef said...

Your inky background is perfection ... your up-cycling is certainly on point - so very glad you joined us to celebrate Earth Day at Jingle Belles.

lauren bergold said...

I totally agree about the saving of holiday cards and you've done a brilliant job here. My favorite part miiiiight just be that beautiful blotter paper! So happy you could join our creative celebration of Earth Day at Jingle Belles!