Friday, April 5, 2024

Experience

 Happy Friday!!!  It's time for a new challenge from the Cut It Up Challenge Blog.  This week, the challenge is a recipe challenge: Use 3 gems, 2 die cuts, and 1 sentiment.

Here is my card for your inspiration:
Sometimes it is challenging to use more than one die cut and other times it is challenging to use ONLY 2 die cuts!!  I had a card I was working on, but it had waaaaaay more than 2 die cuts, so wanting to stay true to the challenge, I had to create a completely different card.  I love the softness of this one with the light gray and shades of pale, wintery blue papers.  I realized after I was all finished that I should probably have used black for the sentiment as it is a bit challenging to read when you are not holding it in person.  It says "May you experience the richness of God's love this holiday season."  But if I had used black, I think it would have stood out too much against all the softness.  My strips of paper were all cut from scraps from the same Christmas themed paper pack.  The pack was already on my desk and needed to be put away, which I did AFTER I used some of it.  My two die cuts are the white rectangle panel and the silver snowflake.  This is one of my favorite snowflake dies; it's so delicate and elegant.  

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you will hop over to the Cut It Up blog for the full details of the challenge and to see what the rest of the Design Team has created. 

Supplies:
Stamps: Verve "Blessed Beyond Measure" sentiment
Dies: Spellbinders "A2 Matting Basics A" rectangle; Memory Box "Lindeman Snowflake"

Challenges:
Word Art Wednesday #642--anything goes with uplifting sentiment
Penny's Challenge #568--anything goes
Snippets Playground #477--anything goes with snippets (all my paper strips were cut from snippets --leaving a little bit more for next time!)













Sparkles #159--non-traditional Christmas colors











10 comments:

Heather said...

This is so cute, Heather! Love the pastels - and that sentiment is wonderful! Thanks so much for playing at Sparkles!

Dena J said...

This is lovely and gentle - the sentiment is perfect as you did it! Thank you so much for joining the challenge at Atlantic Hearts.

Brandi said...

So soft and pretty, I love the colours and the softness of it with the pop of silver, very pretty! Thanks for playing along with the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

Brandi R.
DT member AHSC
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

Michelle said...

I love the softness of your colors and patterns. This is a great interpretation of our sketch! Thanks for sharing at Atlantic Hearts.

Sarn said...

I love this Christmas card. Great design - and agree that black would probably have been too harsh. Looks great just as it is.

Thanks for entering a piece of homework to the Snippets Playground. See you up in the treehouse later. xxx

Tammy Fite said...

This is so pretty! Love the soft colors, and of course, the snowflake!! (my fav!). Thanks for joining us at AHS and CCC!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the subtle colors you choose for you card creation. Such a great Christmas card! Thanks for joining us at AHS. Denise DT

Gerda said...

What a very pretty card!! Love the card design and the pretty snowflake!!
Have a great day,
Gerda

Di said...

A soft, gentle and very pretty snippets card! Lovely work.

Hugs

Di xx

Cazro said...

A beautiful calm card, loving the sentiment. Thanks for sharing with us at Sparkles Christmas Challenges. Caz. DT.