Friday, April 19, 2024

Everything's Better with Frosting

Happy Friday!!!  It's time for a new challenge from the Cut It Up Challenge Blog.  This week, the challenge is: Something that begins with "B".

Here is my card for your inspiration:
This is for my sister's birthday which happens to be today (April 19)!  The two of us have a love for food, specially yummy treats, so this card is very fitting for her.  We also both run and exercise quite a bit so we can eat those yummy treats!  My "B"s on the card are Better, Birthday, Bunting and Banner on my cupcakes.  I am coming to the end of this paper pack, which I have had for a very long time.  The papers are gorgeous but I am down to small pieces so I'm trying to find ways to use it up.  The sketch I used was great for using up some of the larger scraps.  The gold die cut doily pieces came into being in order to cover up a bit of the green that had a different pattern on it.  Now, no one will ever know (except all of you!).  The ribbon was also added to make the green piece seem a bit larger.  The pink rhinestones were actually left over from some tile/sticker kits my girls had several years ago that they didn't end up using.  And since I am never one to throw things away, they've been in my stash for a while.  Using up bits and pieces of things is my favorite!!  Even the little gold dots on the cupcakes are the left over pieces from the die cut doilies.  And yes, I am one of "those" people!  You can see the foil in the pink paper shimmer better in the photo below.


Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you will hop over to the Cut It Up blog for the full details of the challenge and to see what the rest of the Design Team has created. 

Supplies:
Stamps: PaperTrey Ink "Baker's Dozen" cupcakes; MFT "Delicious Birthday" sentiments
Dies: PaperTrey Ink "Baker's Dozen"; MFT "Small Doilies" and "Blueprints 12" stitched rectangle

Challenges:
Sheepski Designs #85--anything goes
Paper Funday #69--anything goes with the optional twist: sweet treats
A Gem of a Challenge--anything goes
Di's Digi Designs--scraps & stash














5 comments:

Larelyn said...

Love the papers and your design. Such a sweet bday card!

Treva said...

Yes, everything is better with frosting! I like how your B card covers a lot of territory, great idea!

Gerda said...

What a beautiful card!! Love the pretty papers and the sentiment you used!!
Have a great day,
Gerda

Rachel said...

What a festive card, and I am loving all the pink! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenge!

ScrappyHorses said...

Wonderful pink and gold...and so true! Love frosting!