Monday, October 26, 2020

Christmas Poinsettias

Today is my turn to share my Pick of the Week on the House That Stamps Built Blog.  As I was scrolling through Pinterest the other day, I found this card and knew it would be perfect for my "Inspired by Pinterest" series:
Aren't those poinsettias gorgeous??!!  Of course, right away, I thought of my favorite poinsettia image from Repeat Impressions, and decided to recreate this card with my own twist.
I kept most of the elements the same, but added a red card base.  Not sure if I should have stuck with the white base instead, but the red definitely gives a festive feel.  I started by die cutting the image panels with the smaller scalloped square die from the Flip Fancy Die set.  Then I stamped the image using my stamp-a-ma-jig to get it placed how I wanted it.  I embossed the white panel and added a gold scalloped border strip to each end of the panel.  Then I wrapped some gold floss around the front and tied a bow before adhering the panel to the card base.  Stamped, heat set, and cut out the sentiment and added it on top of the floss.  This one actually came together pretty quickly, and is a great example of how you don't have to have the exact products in order to recreate a favorite inspiration card.

I the photo below, you can see the shine from the gold paint pen I used in the center of the flowers, the sparkle of the gold glitter borders and the glint of the gold floss!
Supplies:
Stamps: Repeat Impressions "Poinsettia" and "Christmas"
Dies: Repeat Impressions "Flip Fancy Die Set"; Spellbinders scalloped border die

Challenges:
Craft-Dee BowZ--anything goes with a handmade bow
Creative Moments #201--anything goes
Krafty Chicks #530--all occasions
Crimbo Crackers #218--anything Christmas goes
Cardz TV #126--anything goes






 

5 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and great dies love the poinsettias and touch of gold
Carol x

Leanne said...

Such a pretty card, I like poinsettias, and the gold/red/white nicely done, thanks for playing our All Occasions Challenge this week at Krafty Chicks.
Leanne DT/KC

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Fabulous Christmas card Heather. Love the design. Thanks for joining us at MLCCB
Tina dt

Lacey Lassy said...

I'm happy to see you used the red...I love it! Thanks for joining us at Craft-Dee BowZ! --Gail

Marjeta said...

Such an elegant card. Thanks for sharing your beautiful card with us at Creative Moments.