Friday, September 14, 2018

Happy Anniversary

I had another chance to play just for fun this afternoon.  I mean, I need an anniversary card for my in-laws' anniversary coming up this week, but I didn't have any DT responsibilities that had to be finished, so I got to play with whatever stamps I wanted to.  It's so fun when that happens.  I pulled out this Fiskars set to use and then realized that I already had three of the flowers colored and cut out, sitting in my bits and pieces stash.  All I had to do was stamp, color and cut out the stems.
 I used my scor-pal to score a rectangle in the lower right corner; a way to set off the flowers without adding extra layers.  Then, I glued the stems in place and adhered the flowers with  foam tape for dimension.  I heat embossed the sentiment onto black card stock (the strip was already cut for me) and adhered it with foam tape as well.  Then I finished everything off with some gold sequins.
 Here is the inside of the card:
I had one flower that didn't seem to fit on the outside, so I adhered in on the inside with the sentiment.

Supplies:
Stamps: Fiskars "Flowers Sketched"; MFT "Essential Sentiments" and Sweet n' Sassy Stamps "Anniversary Innies" inside sentiment

Challenges:
Cardz TV #65--anything goes
CAS-ual Fridays #208--use those sequins

Crafty Creations #374--anything goes
Word Art Wednesday #352--anything goes with uplifting sentiment
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday--pop it up
Tuesday Throwdown #401--one layer
Creative Inspirations--anything goes
Scor-Pal #52--CAS (I used my scor-pal to scor the 4 lines of the rectangle)
Card Mania #108--color combo

Through The Purple Haze #148--bright colors

9 comments:

nnalorac said...

Such a pretty cas design, love it. Carol xx

Joy Wilson said...

I love your flowers and the beautiful flowers. Thank you for joining us and good luck!
Hugs, Joy
Craftycreationschallenges.blogspot.com

Gina's Cards said...

Such a fabulous card inside and out. Thank you for playing along at Creative Inspirations, good luck and I hope you will join us again.
Hugs
Gina xx

Lisa said...

Beautiful inside and out!! Love it! Thanks so much for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

Tracy Freeman said...

Such a beautiful card, and i love how you finished the inside too.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge blog.
Have a great day :)

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous CAS card love the beautiful flowers and the inside too
Carol x

Dawn said...

I have this stamp set ... one of my favorites on hand. Your design is awesome. thanks for sharing at Through the Purple Haze.
Happy Crafting.
Dawn

VEANA R. said...

Simply card, but very nice !
Thank you for playing with us at Card Mania Challenge ! Wish you good luck !
Hugs, Veana R.-DT
https://veanar1.blogspot.com/

fusiafscrapping said...

Beautiful. Love the flowers.
Thank you so much for participating in our 'More than one fold' challenge at Scor-Pal!
Isia