Saturday, September 1, 2018

Autumn Birthday

Happy September!!!  September is really the best month because it's my birthday month!!  And over on the Love To Scrap Challenge Blog we have a new challenge for you.  It's an easy one: Anything Goes!!  We know how much everyone loves that challenge!  Our awesome sponsor for the month is DRS Designs:
Here is my card for your inspiration:
I saw this really cool stained glass stamp in the DRS Designs store and thought it would be really cool to use.  It is just a large square stamp with all the little lines drawn to create the "stained" glass segments, but it doesn't have an image so you can use it with any image in your stash to create a stained glass look.  The image I chose to use with it may have been a little too detailed to really look like stained glass, but I think it still looks really cool.  There are so many options for using this stamp; there are a lot of inspiration cards in the DRS store.  The square image is quite large, so I just added some patterned papers a bit of rafia that I have had lying around forever and 3 yellow rhinestones recycled from some of my kids art projects.

Supplies:
Stamps: DRS Designs "Pumpkin Bouquet" and "Large Stained Glass"; Verve "Borderline" sentiment

Challenges:
Cardz TV #63--anything goes
Alphabet Challenge--L is for leaves (in my paper and in the image)
Just Add Ink #424--just add texture (with the raffia and the rhinestones)
4 Crafty Critter Crazies #418--crazy egg: anything goes
Mod Squad--anything goes
Crafty Gals #173--anything goes
Penny's Challenge #395--anything goes
Use Your Stuff #327--lots of color
heARTful Stamping--anything goes


7 comments:

Meihsia Liu said...

Your Autumn birthday card is so fabulous! Love the fantastic colors. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

KathyA. said...

Beautiful Autumn card. And good use of the stained glass stamp. Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafting Challenge this week. DT Kathy [myasperations.blogspot.com]

Karin Åkesdotter said...

Your card is so beautiful - love the mosaic design! Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge! /Karin

crafty-stamper said...

Definitely the best month-my birthday month too--gorgeous card and beautifully coloured image and the stained glass stamp gives a great effect
Carol x

Nance said...

Oh wow, how gorgeous! I love that you popped up some of the image and it so looks like stained glass. Thanks for sharing it at 4 Crafty Chicks this week!

Janice said...

Beautiful card, I love the stained glass window effect.
Thank you so much for sharing with us at Alphabet Challenge ~ Janice DT

Judy Markowitz said...

What a beautiful project! I love it! Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at Crafty Gals Corner. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

Judy Crafty Gals Corner DT
Don't Mess With Me, I'm Scrappy {My Blog}