Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Flower inspiration

Happy Wednesday!!!  It's time for another challenge from The House That Stamps Built.  This week we have a GORGEOUS inspiration photo for you.  You can choose to be inspired by the colors, or the image, or both (as I was)!  Here it is:
Image may contain: flower
Aren't those colors so yummy!!!??  As soon as I saw this photo, I KNEW what stamps I was going to use.  Obviously, my favorite Flower Power Separates would be the perfect fit (and I do so love using them).  Here's the card I created:
I love how the white flowers in the photo really pop, so I heat embossed all of my images with white embossing powder before coloring them and fussy cutting them out.  Then I layered them all together  to (sort of) imitate the clusters in the photo.  My frame is backed with vellum and then some patterned paper, the vellum softens the color and pattern so it doesn't take away from the beautiful flowers.
     I hope you will get inky and play along with us; I can't wait to see how this photo inspires you!
And if you haven't bought these flowers yet, check out my 10% off your ENTIRE order coupon on my left sidebar.  I use them all the time!

Supplies:
Stamps: Repeat Impressions "Pattie's Flower Outline", "Mum Outline", "Daisy Outline, small", "Leaf Outline, large", "Leaf Outline Wavy" and "Happy Birthday"

Challenges:
Crafty Sentiments--anything goes
Die Cuttin' Divas #374--embossing (I used heat embossing)
heARTful Stamping--anything goes
Lil' Patch of Crafty Friends #84--anything goes
Crafty Friends #86--anything goes
Cardz TV #52--anything goes
Craft Rockets--birthday
Penny Black--in the garden
Southern Girls--anything goes

11 comments:

Donna said...

Fabulous coloring and design! I just bought a die cut similar to your, thanks for the inspiration.

Esther Asbury said...

I just LOVE your pretty flowers! They really do "pop" embossed in white! Such a pretty card!

brenda said...

A beautiful floral creation, many thanks for joining us at penny Black and More 'In the Garden' June challenge.

B x

Evelyn said...

Stunning. The colors are so beautiful, and the white embossing is so refreshing. I love the idea of backing the frame with vellum, and the pearls complete this gorgeous card.

Thank you for joining us at Die Cuttin' Divas this week!
Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

L.B. said...

Very very pretty. Like the colors and the white outlining of the flowers. Thanks for joining us at the Die Cuttin' Divas embossing challenge this week.

Laurie Unger said...

Love the flowers - and that is a lot of fussy cutting, whew! Great job.

Diane Louise J said...

Hello Heather… Thanks for joining our ‘Anything Goes’ challenge with your lovely floral card… Please join us again next time at Crafty Friends Challenge Blog. Good luck!
Diane Louise
[Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

Anonymous said...

I love your interpretation and how you've framed the beautiful flowers! Thank you so much for playing along with us at the penny black and more challenge!
Linda

Chris said...

Love the "window" frame with the layers of flowers...so pretty! Thank you for playing along with my heARTful stamping challenge this week...hope you visit again!

mum of two said...

Gorgeous!! Thanks so much for playing with us at Die Cuttin Divas. Hope to see you again soon :)

michelle (Die Cuttin Divas DT)
Purple Monkey Moments

Denise Goeldner said...

Lovely windowed frame card, love the layers of flowers. Thanks for entering Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, good luck and hope to see you again.
Denise (Owner of LPOCF)