Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Life is Sweet

Last weekend was Papertrey Ink's Stamp-a-Faire, which I had to miss due to a funeral out of state.  But, I tried to play along with a couple of the challenges, and this card is one of my creations:
This one is for the 4th Anniversary Tradition: Linen (create a project featuring a frame backed with stamped linen).  When I was a teenager, I did a lot of cross-stitch and was aided in my addiction by my grandmother.  When she died 10 years ago, I got a LOT of cross-stitch products from her stash.  So, this linen was in the stash, and I was actually able to find it!  I was impressed how nicely the stamps actually stamped on the linen.  I might have to give this one a try another time.

Supplies:
Stamps: PTI "Life Is Sweet"
Dies:  Spellbinders "Classic Circles, large"; PTI border die

Challenges:
Papertrey Ink--linen challenge
Mod Squad--for a friend
Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Wonderful Wednesday--anything goes
Crafty Creations #349--anything goes
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday--anything goes
Crafting By Designs--anything goes
Give a Crafter a Cookie #76--inspiration photo

Alphabet Challenge--L for lovely lace

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your card, Heather. And that stamped background is awesome!
Thank you for participating!
Anna Koss

Jonnece said...

Sweet card. I love the background. Thanks for joining us at 'If you give a crafter a cookie'. Jonnece DT

Marilyn Webb said...

I love that it looks like a cross stitch pattern. Beautiful!
Thanks for joining our challenge this week with Kraftin Kimmie Stamps.
Marilyn DT

Elizabeth Hart said...

Love this look stamped on the linen - great effect. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Crafty Creations Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Deanne Saunders said...

Wow! Gorgeous!!!Thanks so much for participating in our IF YOU GIVE A CRAFTER A COOKIE...challenge. Hope you participate in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!! *If this comment is late I apologize! I’m having major issues lately trying to leave comments due to the stupid ROBOT silliness!!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Joyce Erb said...

Very pretty.Thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge