Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Beautiful

Happy Wednesday!!  It's time for another challenge from The House That Stamps Built.  This week we have an inspiration photo for you:
No automatic alt text available.
Isn't that a fun color combo?!  If I made Halloween cards, I definitely would have made one of those as the colors would be perfect.  But, I don't, but that deep purple, orange and black still grabbed me, so this is what I came up with:
I really wanted to create a wreath look, so I stamped the flowers and leaves and cut them out and started layering them on the side of the circle (which was in my bits and pieces stash already).  Then I realized that the stem from the "Flower Power Separates" set would make a passable twig wreath.  Fun, huh?!  The black square behind the circle is actually cut apart and spread out to fit the circle as it was too small and the next size up was way too big for my card.  And if I hadn't told you, you would never have known.  It is a bit hard to tell, but the card base and the strip that lies underneath the sentiment panel are actually a nice deep purple.  Ooo . . . I just love how this turned out.  The colors on the flowers are just so vibrant and really pop out at you!  To finish everything off, I added liquid pearls to the center of the flowers and then added a couple in groups inside the "wreath" to add a bit more interest.

Supplies:
Stamps: Repeat Impressions: Flower Power Separates "Small Daisy, solid", "Leaf Outline, small", "Stem Outline", "Flower Cluster solid", "Birthday" and "Beautiful" from the "Hello" cling set
Dies: Spellbinders "Fleur Di Lis Squares" and "Classic Circles, large"; MFT "Blueprints 13" rounded rectangle; Sizzix flower embossing folder

Challenges:
Fashionable Stamping #126--use your inks how ever you like (I stamped with die ink, and swiped it across the edges of the embossed panel, and I colored with my alcohol ink markers)
Sweet Stampin'--flowers
Hiding In My Craft Room #313--super scraps (the circle was in my bits and pieces stash and all of the flowers and leaves were stamped and cut out of scrap pieces of white card stock)
Southern Girls #166--add some stamping
Cute Card Thursday #490--embossing
As You Like It--your favorite embellishments and why  (pearls are one of my favorites [it's so hard to choose just one!] and I used liquid pearls for my flowers--pearls are so elegant, but they can be used for just that 'little bit of dressing up' and something simple as well)
Pink Gem Challenge #200--birthdays
Crafting By Designs--anything goes

9 comments:

Donna said...

Gorgeous, the wreath just draws you in to your beautiful design. This was a great color combo.

Glittered Paws said...

Love love your wreath - talk about thinking out of the box. Love the flowers.

Deb said...

Such a beautiful card, love the pretty colours of the flowers!
Many thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday this week!
Debxx

Patti J said...

This is gorgeous! Love how you used the photo and came up with this fabulous card! Thanks for sharing!

Laurie Unger said...

Wow! Beautiful take on the challenge!

Sammy said...

So lovely! And the colours are perfect for this. really striking. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

Ink Art Designs said...

Hi Heather. This is a really beautiful card! I couldn't tell that you had altered the dark - very clever thinking!
Thank you for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges
Dot x
Ink Art Designs

Mrs.B said...

A great card Heather, such a great colour combo. Love how you've adapted the flower stems to make a wreath, very clever.
Thanks for sharing with us at FSC
Avril x

Annette said...

Beautiful, and I'm also a fan of pearls! Lovely card.
Hugs
Annette - Netty's Cards
xx
Proud to design for :
Lili of the Valley,
Dies to Die For,
In The Pink Challenge
Squirrel's not-so-random Challenge
As You Like It Challenge.