Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Kidz Rule

Here it is August and it's time for another challenge from Love To Scrap Challenge Blog.  This month the challenge is: Kidz Rule--make a card or project for a kid.
We have three fabulous sponsors for this challenge:


Pickled Potpourri
I was given an adorable set of images and sentiments from Pickled Potpourri and I just had to use ALL of them!!  Actually, there were a few more sentiments in the set, but I didn't use them.  So, I decided to create a little set of cards that can be sent to kids for various reasons.  Here is a picture of the entire set:
 I used the same layout for each card and used scraps of paper for the patterns down the left hand side.  They needed something to add a little bit of pizzazz, so I use a spectrum noir marker I used in the image and colored a strip of white cardstock to insert between the paper and the image panel.  By using the spectrum noir marker, I was able to match the strip perfectly to the colored image.  So, here is a close up of each card:
 We have an orange striped cat, so I colored this one up to match him.  I added a small clear rhinestone to the center of the pinwheel.
 With, the flower, this image seemed a little more girly to me, so I used pink tones and patterned paper and added a clear rhinestone to the center of the flower.
 And the cute little penguin.  At first I had him floating in the air as if he were being pulled up by the kite, but since the other images all needed to be grounded (at least in my opinion) I decided to ground this guy as well, and I think I like it better this way.
 Like the penguin, I first had the bear floating off in the air, but grounded him, as well, to go with the other cards.  I added glossy accents to the balloon for a little fun touch.
And last, but not least, the cute little monkey!  Monkeys are my middle daughter's favorite, so this one will probably be going to her at some point.
Aren't these all sooooo cute!!  And they were really quick and easy, too.  I hope you will get a chance to play along with us this month.  I can't wait to see your kid projects!

Supplies:
Stamps: Pickled Potpourri "Fluffy Friends" digi images and sentiments

Challenges:
Crafty Gals #133--anything goes
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday--anything goes
C.R.A.F.T. #426--summer
Southern Girls #165--flower power (the dog card)
Come And Get It--just add flowers (the dog card)
Brown Sugar #261--anything goes
Cardz TV #7--anything goes
Hiding In My Craft Room #311--freestyle



6 comments:

Sheryl said...

Heather what a fab collection of cards. I love the contemporary designs.
Thanks for joining in the fun at CRAFT this week.
Hugs Sheryl DT member xx.

Mandy said...

Wonderful selection of CAS cards Heather! They are all super cute.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

Dana Johnson said...

Beautiful cards Heather!! They are the cutest! Thanks for joining us at the Come and Get it challenge. ~DT Dana

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

What a wonderful set of cards Heather. Each one is an absolutely gorgeous kiddies creation. Love what you've done for this challenge. Gorgeous papers on the edges and those sweet images, truly gorgeous. Thanks so much for sharing your creations with us at Southern Girls for our 'Flower Power' challenge. Your wee doggy card is perfect. Hugs, Wends xoxo Southern Girls DT

N-Eva said...

What a lovely cards .
Thanks for joining us at Come And Get It challenge.Neva

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous selection of cards love all the cute images and great sentiments-great idea to use up strips of P.paper you always seem to be left with
Carol x