Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Special Mom

Happy Wednesday!  It's time for another challenge from The House That Stamps Built.  Our theme this week is Designer's Choice and I am the designer of the week!  I chose "For a Special Lady".  I was thinking Mother's Day, but I know some outside the U.S. have already celebrated Mother's Day, some may no longer have their mothers with them anymore, and some of you might already have those Mother's Day cards finished.  So, as long as it is for a special lady in your life, it fits!  I am never ahead of the game, so I made a Mother's Day card for my mom.  Her favorite color is red, so that was my starting point.
I started with the Flower Power Background stamped in black, then I added some of the coordinating images from the Flower Power Separates set (they don't match exactly, but it gives a bit of interest that way) in red.  I used a dark red marker to add detail to the red flowers and a medium gray marker to add interest to the flowers I left white.  I also stamped the butterfly silhouette in black.  And, you can't really see it in the photo (but it adds visual texture in real life), but I stamped the postcard image in a light gray over top of everything.  For the top panel, I stamped the solid flower cluster from Flower Power border set multiple times on the white strip.  I used a green marker to draw the stems and leaves and added clear wink of stella to the centers.  For my sentiment, I masked off the rest of the sentiment so I could just stamp "Mom".
I can't wait to see what you create for my challenge.

Supplies:
Stamps: Repeat Impressions "Flower Power Background", "Flower Cluster Solid", "Pattie's Flower Solid", "Mum Solid", "Kathy's Flower Solid", "Daisy Solid, Large", "Daily Solid, Small", "Butterfly Sil. (small)" and "Mom's like you . . . "
Dies: MFT "Blueprints 13" Stitched rectangle and stitched line, "Blueprints 12" stitched flag and "Stitched Scallop Trio"

Challenges:
Crafty Creations #340--anything goes
Cute Card Thursday #475--family
Time Out Challenge #82--flowers
Sketch Saturday #461--sketch (I chose #259)

Cuttlebug Mania--Have Wings, Will Fly (my butterflies)
Unicorn Challenge #21--special occasion (Mother's Day)
Cards Galore--anything goes
Creative With Stamps #14--Flowers

Divas That Cut--May Flowers
Creative Sketchy Challenge #11--butterflies and/or flowers
Love To Craft Challenge Blog #10--anything goes
Dies R Us #72--flowers


20 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

Awesome - love your creativity with the flower power stamps, the flowers just jump off the page.

Laurie Unger said...

Wow, this is wonderful. thanks for a great inspiration challenge.

SewPaperPaint said...

What a great background and I love the red with it. Hugs, Autumn

Arlene said...

Wonderful flower card. Love this background. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

joy said...

Such pretty colors - I love the band with the cute "mom" and flowers.

Donna said...

What a beautiful card for your mom, I like how you were able to leave "white space" on your flowers, it makes such an impact, I am not good at that. Like the deep red and the band is perfect with the stitching!

Crafting Andy said...

Love this. And I love how much the red makes it pop. Thanks for joining us at Cute card Thursday. Hugz Andrea.

Nonni said...

Wow, I really love the stamps you used, so many pretty flowers! Great color combo too. Thanks for joining us at TIME OUT!

Andree said...

A fabulous card. Super floral image and great colourway.
Thank you for joining in with the Crafts Galore Encore May Challenge “Anything Goes”. Good luck x

Darlene said...

Mom's going to love this creation! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Flowers’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

lbwright22-loopylou said...

very pretty card. I love your use of colours. thanks for playing along this week with Sketch Saturday. Louise SS DT

Barbara Washburn said...

Love the layering of flowers and the colors. The red is just enough and the black offsets it beautifully! Thanks for sharing with Unicorn Challenges. Barbara DT

Cheri said...

Fantastic challenge, Heather and your card is stunning. The silhouette butterfly really gives depth to those focal flowers.

jen t. said...

Gorgeous ! Thanks for joining the challenge at creative with stamps blog!
Jennifer Taylor creative with stamps dt

shona.chambers@orcon.net.nz said...

What a fabulous colour combo!! Love all the red and grey detailing and those floral images are gorgeous. I bet this will be a big hit with your Mum too. So glad you shared it with us at TIME OUT!!

Barbara said...


This is delightful! Thanks so much for joining our challenge at Dies R Us.

Barbara
Dies R Us Challenge Blog DT
http://carterie-creative.blogspot.fr

Cindy C. said...

Beautiful design, I love the contrast between the different flower images! Thanks for linking up to our May challenge at Die Cut Divas.

Alpna said...

Lovely card. Glad to hop with you.
Alpna

Lilian said...

What an awesome card! Love that background!
Thank you for joining us at Creative With Stamps!
Lilian
The Leaf Studio

Pen Sunshinepen said...

Hi there, sorry for the late comment but I have been away. What a lovely card just beautiful. Thank you for joining us over at LTCCB and good luck
Pen DT