Wednesday, May 31, 2017

New Arrival

Happy Wednesday!  It's time for a new challenge from The House That Stamps Built.  This week we have a fabulous sketch for you:
No automatic alt text available.
I say it all the time, I always start my card ideas with a sketch, and this one is perfect for so many different cards!  My brother and sister-in-law just had their third baby (and my second nephew!) and I created this cute little card for them to help celebrate!  
Last summer, my mom bought me a whole box of stamping supplies (mostly from Stampin' Up!) at a yard sale and in that box was a container of these adorable little eyelets.  I've been having a lot of fun with them as it's really been a while since I thought about eyelets.  They are one of those things that we all HAD to have, but now you don't see too many of the being used.
I hope you will get a chance to play along with us this week.  This sketch is the perfect place to start your card.  And if you need any of these stamps I used (or any others from Repeat Impressions for that matter) check out my coupon in my left sidebar for 10% off your ENTIRE order.  Now, head on over to The House blog to see how the rest of the team used this sketch.

Supplies:
Stamps: Repeat Impressions "Ducks on a string" and "New arrival"
SU! More Mustard eyelets

Challenges:
Cardz TV #2-anything goes
Alphabet Challenge--"F" is for feathered friends
Creative Fingers #131--anything goes
Word Art Wednesday #284--anything goes with uplifting sentiment
Creative Craft Cottage #88--include an animal
Crafty Creations ##342--anything goes

11 comments:

Cheri said...

Heather, this is such an adorable card and you did an outstanding job with the sketch.

Donna said...

This is just adorable, great combination of elements and perfect for the sketch!

Patti J said...

People will see these eyelets, and you'll be famous for bringing them back as trendy! What a sweet card! I have these wee ducks, but haven't inked them up...YET! Thanks for the inspiration!

Laurie Unger said...

How cute! Great take on the sketch!

Melissa said...

Your card is just adorable, thanks for joining Cardz TV!

Dorothy S said...

Hi, Heather, I just had to stop by your blog - this is such a cute card and fun example for the sketch. Thanks so much for the comment on my blog. I don't know how old your twins are - how great for you. My card is for friends, but I should have added - DH is a twin (they will be 85 next week) and he has a younger brother and sister twins1 Since then, no more lOL!!!

EdenLand Designs said...

This is just the most adorable card!! I love what you've done with the sketch, and the eyelet accents are fabulous!!! I have a ton of them in my stash, and I just may be stealing your idea!! Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Fingers this time around!
Susan DT

Jackie T said...

Hi this is a gorgeous card. Thank you for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog challenge F for Feathered Friends. Hugs Jackie (DT)

Ginny Maxam said...

This card is so sweet, I love your colors and coloring! Thank you for joining In the Word Art Wednesday fun! Ginny M DT

Glittered Paws said...

Cute cute, love the duckies on the string. I "still" have a ton of eyelets - I too keep hoping they will come back. I have a problem letting go of things.

Lizzie Laine said...

Aww, such cute duckies!

Thanks for playing along with us at Cardz TV!

Elaine
Cardz Tv DT